Chapter 6

The rest of the day with Adam made this the best day of the year. I missed him so much, in every class we would be reprimanded for speaking so much, oh well, there is just somethings I must know.

Nonetheless, the day is over, and I feel the need to have some alone time in my favorite space, so I say goodbye to Adam and the girls and head there.

Adam also knows about my secret place, mainly because I always had it, in every school I ever went to, I can't explain why or how, but that library was always present in my life, or a variation of it, and I am the only one capable of finding and entering it. A gift from the Goddess no doubt.

I get there, everything is at it should, but something feels different, I can't place what exactly, I look at the lines of books in front of me, when suddenly the atmosphere chances. A chill goes through my spine in anticipation, something is about to happen, I look at the door and to my utter surprise I see it open.

I get in a defensive stance immediately, and I freeze when I see who stands at the door.

Him.

Why is he here? Better yet, How is he here?

I bet I look ridiculous, frozen in place probably with my mouth open from shock but i think he doesn't even notice, since he is pretty much the same as me.

I feel all of my nerves, my skin is flaring, his smell and presence are overpowering me.

After what felt like an eternity but was probably only a few seconds he enters the room and closed the door behind him.

Neither of us spoke for an awkward moment. He was assessing me as I was doing the same to him. I could see the apprehension in his eyes, waiting for my move.

Say something Kat! Before he leaves! Lua says.

"How are you here?" Even though I didn't mean it, I manage to sound aggressive even for my own hears, and his face became a stone sculpture.

I don't want to dwell too much on his appearance, I think that if I do, I will lose all rational thoughts, yes, he is that hot, but it is more than that, there is something about him, something dangerous to my sanity.

"Do you own the place or something? I can be wherever I want, person I don't know". I mentally flinched at his tone.

Great Kat, perfect way to get him talking and figuring out what is happening...anger him...genius!

Stop It Lua, it wasn't on purpose!

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."

"I guess you can't help it."

"What it that supposed to mean? You don't even know me."

"I know enough." He rolls his eyes and I start to feel anger towards him, that begins drowning the attraction I feel.

"And just what do you think you know about me?"

"Everyone says you are a two-faced bitch" That hit a soft spot.

"'Everyone says'? Really? Great source! For your information not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted bitch. Believe them both, I act accordingly. That does not make me a two-faced bitch, it makes me selective about who deserved my better side."

"Point taken. But obviously you are a coward and selfish person, otherwise you wouldn't be with a random guy after you met your mate."

"I am with my mate"