Chapter 10

"The day we surprise you with Richard?" Chris remembers that, but actually there is so much more.

"Yes. Moments before Richard came out of nowhere. I felt the mate connection. The smell, the electricity, the yearning."

"Well that's normal isn't it? Richard was there."

"You'd think. But it wasn't Richard's scent. It was someone elses"

They both look shocked, no surprise there.

"What?"

"Exactly what you heard. I found a sort of second mate. I thought I must have been mistaken, but later I found him again I knew he felt it too. He was and still is pissed, because he thinks Richard is my boyfriend and I'm choosing him over my mate. I try telling him that wasn't the case, but he doesn't seem to understand. To be fair, who would? This situation is not possible. And on top of that I discover he is Ella's cousin, how much complicated can this get??"

Adam was the first to recover from the shock.

"Wait. Are you telling us, that Aiden, Ella's cousin, Aiden, is also your mate? Kitkat, you can't have two mates."

"Don't you think I know that?! I know! That's why I'm going crazy!"

"Katie. Calm down."

Chris' voice brought me a little closer to the ground, to sanity.

"Have you talked to him?"

"Yes. No. Not really."

"What does that mean, Kitkat?"

"We talked when I said to him that Richard was my mate, he wasn't pleased, and them at lunch, and them this afternoon after school in the Spot-"

"You took him to the Spot?! You never take anyone there!" Chris snapped at me.

"Of course I didn't take him! He just showed up there, somehow a few times!"

"You got to be kidding me."

"Continue the story, Kitkat, what happen today?" He used his scary look on Chris, and it seemed to work, she is quiet, for the time being at least.

"I said to him that we are partners in World Lit so we have to at least do the project, I won't fail because of him. He ignored me. Then we talked about Ella, I wanted to find out what she knew about him and our world."

"And... What did he say?"

"He said she knew somethings but not much. The strange part happens next."

"Stranger than all of the second mate crap?"

"No, not stranger than that. But he asked me to keep him being a wolf a secret."

"A secret from us? But we all knew it from the moment we met him."

"That's what I told him, everyone already knew, except Ella, of course. He thought you guys knew because I told you. When I clarify that I didn't and that you knew because of his smell, he got genuinely confused."

"He didn't know he smelled like a wolf?"

"He knows next to nothing from what I can tell."

Chris hasn't spoken yet, since her outburst but I can see she is paying attention to what I'm saying.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he doesn't know about scents, he doesn't know about packs, nor about rogues, I'm not even sure he knows about werewolves."