Chapter 33

"Ella is gone."

All eyes are on Rose, except Aiden's. My sister is as white as a sheet, you can see her utter shock. Of course we are all surprised and extremely worried about Ella but the look on my baby sister's face fills me with sorrow.

"Kitten? Did you hear me? Why the fuck is no one moving!?"

I'm torn between being there for Aiden and supporting my sister. Right now I don't think I'll be able to get a reaction out of Rose, so I mind link everyone to get out of the room.

"Rose, I'll be right back, okay?" She doesn't respond, I'm not even sure she heard me.

I get up and walk towards Aiden that's still standing by the door. Grabbing his arm I drag him out of the room.

"Aiden, what happened?" I'm really worried about him. Ella is one of my best friends, she was Aiden's sister for 7 years, and after everything he lost this has to be his worst nightmare.

"Me and the guys went to my house just to tell Ella, Kara and their parents that I'm fine and came back from our supposed vacation. When I got there, Ethan, Alexis and Kara were in the living room. When they saw me, they broke down and rushed to hug me. I didn't understand what was happening. Only when they finally settled down, did they tell me that Ella was gone."

"Gone how?" I think I know the answer, but I need to hear it to believe it.

"They say they heard her scream in her room and when they got upstairs, she was nowhere in sight, but her screams could be heard in a distance. Of course they tried to follow her but by the time they reach the outside nothing could be heard, the police were alerted but we both know there's nothing they can do."

I nod at what he means, "It was Richard wasn't it?"

"Yes. I could smell him in her room."

"So this is my fault."

"No, Kitten, this is his fault and his going to pay for it." The anger is emanating from Aiden in waves. I can see he means it, but that does nothing to placate my guilt.

"That bastard has to suffer." He hugs me.

"We'll make sure of that, Kitten."

"Aiden, I need your help."

"Whatever you need." I smile at him, he's the one that lost everything and can lose again, and yet he's still here for me, he's amazing.

"Rose had just told us that Ella is her mate. Right before you walk in. I need a minute to talk to her, she must be breaking inside."

"I figured the first part. You need to be with your sister, go." I look at him suspiciously. He knew?! How?

He just shrugs, dismissing the subject.

"We'll take about that later, mister. However, that's not what I need to ask. I need you to reunite Chris, Adam, Jack and Will and take them to my father's office downstairs, I'll be there as soon as I can. We need to organize so we can go after the bastard, but I need a sisters' moment so please just start the meeting and put everyone up to speed."

"Got it. That way it will be quicker when you join us. Don't you worry, love. Go be a good sister." He kisses my forehead before I go back into the room.

Rose is still on the same place, sitting crossed legged on the rug by the bed, no expression on her face.

"Rose..." I sit by her and touch her shoulder. "Rose?"

No answer. Her lack of response is freaking me out.

"Rosalind! Look at me!" I shake her softly and she finally raises her head.