Chapter 20

I think of nothing, only feeling the cold wind in my fur as I run. Never have I run this fast or this reckless.

Before I realize it, I am at the small creak I brought Aiden to, when I taught him how to shift.

It's dark now, and it feels colder than on that day, maybe because I'm alone maybe because I'm so numbly cold.

I try to process what I saw a couple of hours ago, but I can't. What am I supposed to do? To think? I...I just don't know.

And on top of the awful situation, Aiden had to be there. I wish I could think that he must be happy about what has happened, but now I know Aiden, he's not like that, he's probably pitying me, that only makes it more embarrassing.

A few more hours of contemplation and I come to a conclusion I'm not happy with, but that I feel it's the best.

Kat. We are at your house. Where are you? I'm beginning to worry.

I'm fine, Chris. Just needed time, I'll be right there.

Are you, ok?

We talk when I get there.

I hurry getting home, the forest in the darkness is not the safest place, although Lua is strong, we are close to the border of my pack, even if patrols pass here all the time, it remains a dangerous place to be.

When I enter my house, I see Rose, Chris and Adam looking at me. They must have put Adam up to speed on the situation.

"Adam! Where were you? Had fun at the game?" I try to play it cool, but I know I have no chances of them letting this go.

"Not really, but more than you for sure, Kitkat."

"I see you're all caught up."

"Yup." He says nothing more.

"So...what weapons do we use?" I look over at Chris with confusion on my face. "To kill the bastard...That's what we are going to do, right?"

"I..."

"Are you fucking kidding me?! She's going to do fucking forgive him!!" Rose doesn't let me talk. "Kat, tell me you're NOT going to FORGIVE him!"

"Rose, I'm sure that-" Chris tries to talk on my behalf but I cut her.

"Yes."

All three of them look like I just told them that Scotland's National Animal is the Unicorn, an awesome fact, to be honest.

"WHAT?" Chris is the first to have a reaction. I hear a thump in the backyard but no one else looks like they care so I ignore it too.

"Seriously, Kat, is like you don't have a brain!" Rose is beside herself.

"Rose, calm down. I'm sick of your yelling and am not in the mood to deal with your attitude."

"Attitude?! Why do I even care about you, it's obvious that you like to be an idiot."

"Clearly you are not interested, but I realized that the only way this could have happen is because of the spell, that means it's my fault, because he didn't feel our bond."

"Kat, she clearly said this has been going on for a while." Chris tries to be the voice of reason.

"And why would I believe what Veronica says?"

"Because you SAW it, Kat!"

"No, Rose, we saw something."

"How are you willing to ignore this!?"