Chapter 13

The weekend reinforced my conviction of giving Aiden a chance. Today is Monday, meaning it's the day I've been waiting for, how will this turn out?

I'll get my answer soon.

My first lesson is Statistic, as every Monday. Adam and Chris also in this class, what should mean that Aiden would be there too, but he usually skips it, probably so he doesn't have to deal with me. Until today, I was grateful for that, however, maybe this time it will be different.

I'm proven right when I see him in the class. I make my way to Adam's side and he gives me a knowing glance, it's working.

After the lesson I see my chance, so I rise from my seat and get near the person I thought I'd never go near again, at least voluntarily.

"Aiden?"

He looks up at me, looking surprised I'm talking to him but not particularly interested.

"Do you think we could talk after school?"

He looks suspiciously at me but answers with a nod.

"Meet me in the library?"

"Sure."

I don't dwell any longer after his confirmation and leave.

The Spot would have been a good choice but maybe too private to be alone with him, so the library it is.

"You are going to talk to him?" Ella can barely contain her happiness when I fill her in.

"I told you I would try. Besides, no reason to become all happy, it will be only about school."

"For now! Thank you so much Kat!" I am powerless facing her joy, so I accept her hug without resistance. "You know, today he was a little different, I mean, not different, he was the same."

"That made absolutely no sense, Ella"

"I know, sorry. I meant, he was acting normal. Not like he has been, but as he was before."

I know what she means however I can't share that knowledge.

"That's good news!"

"I guess... I was hoping for an upgrade."

"Keep hoping."

"Can't deal with my cousin anymore, I will even pray for it!" She sounds exasperated and everyone laughs at that, Ella is not really the religious type, even though she has this 'good girl' vibe.

Althrough out the afternoon classes, my mind can only focus on the conversation that will happen soon. Gladly, not one of my professor seemed to notice.

"Is going to be alright." Of course, Adam noticed, he knows me too well.

"I know, it looks like it's working." 

"Why don't you sound pleased at all?"

"Because I don't know how much I can trust it."

"You'll have to figure it out."

"Thanks, that solved all my worries." I roll my eyes at him.

"Kitkat, you got this." The professor dismisses the class right after Adam's sentence.

"Thank you. I better hurry and go meet him before I lose my nerve."

"Good luck! Call me later to fill me in!"

"Will do!" I'm already out of the room, with no idea why am I so anxious and in such a hurry.

When I get to the library, I look for him, but he isn't here.