Chapter 14

"What?" Did he just say...

"I'm sorry." I don't really know how to react to this. What is he sorry for?

"For?"

"The way I acted when we met and after that, I knew I was being an asshole but, I was just, so angry, then out of nowhere, I wasn't anymore."

It wasn't out of nowhere, not that I'll tell him that much.

He is sincerely apologizing. What do I do now?

It's a perfect opportunity to learn about him!

I'll try.

"It's okay, I wasn't really pleasant either."

"Yeah, you were the first one to be rude, but I was the first to be offensive."

"I really didn't mean to be rude, that first time. It's just that people don't usually find this place..."

"So you were surprised anyone found it?"

I nod, "Not only found it but were able to enter, that has never happened before."

"It's just a room."

"This room is protected by the Moon's Goddess, I was the only one capable of finding and entering it. Since, forever, this room has been present in my life, it is not part of the University, normal people can't find it."

Judging by his shock he really didn't know this.

"The Moon's Goddess is your deity?"

"Well yes, she is the deity of us all."

"Us?"

"Werewolves."

He covers my mouth quickly as to prevent me from speaking anything else.

"Should we be discussing this here?"

I remove his warm hand and smile a little.

"This room is soundproof, and I told you, no one can find it. Even if you yell."

He looks with fascination around the room.

"There are a lot of...that, around here?"

"Werewolf isn't a bad word, Aiden. And answering your question, yes quite a few, although this university is neutral ground."

"Neutral ground?"

"Yeah, it doesn't, technically, belong to any pack."

"Hmm."

"Aiden?"

"Hmm?"

"You don't know a lot about what you are, do you?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I was adopted. By the Blake's."

I figured as much, seeing as Ella and her family are humans, but still shocked me that he confirmed it. Werewolves aren't usually abandoned within human territory.

"How old were you?"

"I was around 14, I guess I was abandoned."

"No, that can't be it." I said without thinking.

That piqued his interest.

"Why not?"

"Werewolves can't abandon children like humans can. The only way for us, is to take the child to the pack house, so the Alpha can find him, or her, a good home. There are a lot of wolves that can't have children, it's unfair otherwise. Besides, if the child is taking in by humans, as you were, it endangers our secret. The parents would be severly punished. No one would risk that."