Chapter Forty-One: Minicon Trouble

Steeljaw's Profile:

  I lay on the cold ground of our base. Me and my pack recently found another run down Steel Mill. We now lived there, in between of causing a bit of chaos to fight against the Autobots. There was nothing really for us to gain or lose for either side, it was just sort of a game to keep our skills sharp.

  Unable to get any sleep, I got up and left to go outside. I could tell by the grass that the wind was blowing, but I didn't really feel it due to my fur. Laying down on the grass, I looked up and gazed up at the stars.

  The stars were clear tonight and made the Moon look like a giant white orb in the almost clear navy blue sky. I soon heard someone walking towards me, listening, I was able to deduce who it was.

  The mech sat down beside me, blanket covering him, I could tell the cold wind bothered him a bit. " What's you doing out here?" Thunderhoof asked.

  " Couldn't sleep." I responded without looking at him.

  " Oi. What do you think we should do now?" He asked suddenly.

  Annoyed that I now had to actually look at Thunderhoof and NOT the beautiful night sky, I sat up with a growl. " I don't know. I'm just waiting for the right moment. We need to do something that would benefit us while not doing a lot of damage." I explained.

  " Oi. Maybe we should see if any other Autobots would change sides, Sideswipe doesn't need the stress, even though he'd be a good con." Thunderhoof then said. " Strongarm is too by the book right now so we can't try her. Definitely not Bumblebee for obvious reasons."

  I decided to go down his train of thought to humor him for a bit, " Drift wouldn't work either, him and Fracture have too deep a rivalry. Grimlock we don't really need since we already have Underbite. We already have Fracture's minicons to do what Fixit does so we don't need him."

  " Those old Autobots won't be much of help." Thunderhoof then continued, " That and that flier lady, we could have Starscream instead."

  I then thought and an idea hit me, " What about Drift's minicons? They don't have too much of a rivalry with Fracture's minicons. They only fight because of Drift and Fracture's rivalry."

  Thunderhoof nodded, " We would have to check with Fracture and his minicons, but the plan seems like it would work. We would get more help and Fracture's minis would have someone to play with and not be bored."

  Nodding in agreement, we went back inside to talk over the plan with the others who were starting to wake up.

Jetstorm's Profile:

  I ran out of the base to do patrol. Well, more like go in the forest and weep but who cares other than Slipstream?!

  After a bit, I fell to the ground sobbing. Master Drift was furious over what happened today. Sure, Master Drift was trying to be nicer and more polite but today pushed his limits.

  I was supposed to be doing my chores and come to lessons on time. However, I got so caught up with my chores that I came fifteen minutes late to lessons. Slipstream was already there; so was Master Drift. Master Drift scolded me for not keeping track of time but then did something that shattered my spark.

  " Why can't you be more like your 'brother' Slipstream?!" After he said that, I ran off.

  Never being good enough can hurt after a while. Nothing I do is good enough. Soon I fell to the ground and hugged myself, rocking back and forth, trying to calm down. Yet nothing worked.

  A pair of arms then wrapped around me, " Jetstorm?" I turned and saw Slipstream who was hugging me.

  I burst into tears and hugged him, despite being clearly Drift's favorite, he treated me kindly and truly was my brother. Slipstream just rubbed my back the whole time and whispered comforting things to me.