Chapter Nineteen: Two Teams, Two Problems Part Two

Optimus Prime's Profile:

   I gripped the side of the cliff with all the strength I had in me. Ice cracked around where I was holding on to. The ice couldn't withhold my weight! Using my jetpack, I tried to lessen the weight I had placed on the minicons.

  The boulders also began to fall again. Right down at us. A boulder fell and cracked right in front of me but I stayed calm.

  " Master Drift!" Slipstream suddenly said, " We need your experience!"

  The cracks were growing around them and they could hardly hold me up anymore. " We need your help!" Jetstorm then added.

  In a few minutes, Drift and Sideswipe linked into a rope, reaching out to pull me up to safety. Reaching up, I grabbed Sideswipe's servo. Slowly, I was pulled up towards the two. Wingblade then flew over to us and helped lift me. We had to get to safety.

  Soon I was no longer standing on Jetstorm and Slipstream's alt modes. I was halfway over almost onto the cliff now. After a few more tense seconds, I was back on the cliff. Jetstorm and Slipstream then jumped and transformed back into root mode next to us.

  " Thank you friends." I said, a bit weary. " Apparently the cold has affected me more than I thought it would."

  Suddenly, we heard a metallic roar. " Now what?!" Wingblade cried.

  The Decepticon stood over the ledge high above us and let out a roar. The roar caused an avalanche which started to head towards. There was nowhere to run.

  " What a great mission this is turning out to be." Sideswipe said sarcastically.

  " Wingblade! Take to the air!" I called over to her.

  She looked at me, then walked in front of us and used her signature move. The avalanche began to swirl around us. However, it wasn't enough. We were pushed off the ledge and fell to the snowy ground down below.

Bumblebee's Profile:

  We drove into a lot that was full of wrecked cars. Transforming, we began to walk around the area. The wrecked cars told a story.

  " Good." I said.

  " How is the good Lieutenant?" Strongarm asked me confused.

  " There was a battle here. Hopefully, between Overload and those Cyclone minicons." I kneeling beside one of the damaged cars, " This sure looks like one of Overload's blasts."

  " And this could be from Ransack or Backtrack!" Grimlock said, near another wrecked car.

  " I just hope Overload isn't too damaged." I said getting to my pedds, " He and I still have a score to settle."

  " Overload and the minicons probably went in different directions after the squirmish." I continued, " These trees look like Overload's handywork. I'll head this way and look for him, you two go the other way and see if you can locate Ransack and Backtrack."

  " Sir!" Strongarm said running up to me, not again, " Shouldn't you have some assistance with Overload? After all he...gave you kind of a rough time at the Scrap Yard, and it sounded like a long time ago he-"

  I cut her off, " No. Overload is mine." I then transformed and raced off, following Overload's tracks.

  Overload will pay for what he did to me and for kidnapping my cousin. He will!

Optimus's Profile:

  With a shot of my weapon, all of us climbed out of the snow pit we had originally fallen into. Brushing off some snow, I saw Wingblade looking down. She seemed to be upset that she failed.

  " You did well Wingblade." I said to her as she brushed off some snow, " Your turbines kept the avalanche from hitting us with its full force."

  " Thank you Wingblade." Slipstream said as he and his comrade ran over to her, " Your maneuver was quite impressive."