Chapter Seven: Solo Missions and Teamwork Issues

Strongarm's Profile:

  " Personal Journal, I'm 2,000 miles away from the Scrap Yard and my pistons are positively tingling! Successfully completing this mission might mean a promotion! Sargent Strongram, Lieutenant Strongarm, President Strongarm!" I spoke excitedly in my journal.

  " Cadet Strongarm? Come in. Status Report please." Fixit's voice came over my comm.

  With a sigh I responded, " Hasn't changed since you last asked me twelve minutes ago, Fixit. Is it really necessary to-"

  " Yes!" Fixit interrupted, " Bumblebee agreed after weeks of begging and pleading on your part Bumblebee allowed to let you go on your first solo outing if I checked on you every ten minutes."

  " It's a simple recon mission Fixit!" I argued.

  " You are investigation a Decepticon symbol." Fixit said.

  " POSSIBLE signal Fixit." I shot back at him. " If it is real, I'll call for backup just like I promised you 37 times before I left!"

  I then noticed a dust cloud behind me, " Maybe I spoke too soon....I'll call you in 10 Fixit."

  I turned and got off the road. I drove up onto a messa and waited for the dust to settle. Whatever was following me stopped, and I jumped down to greet it.

  " YOU." I glared angry.

  Bumblebee began to stutter excuses, he couldn't be serious! He promised me not to interfere! Bumblebee transformed.

  " Lieutenant. This was supposed to be my first Solo mission. Isn't that correct?" I asked angry.

  " Technically yes, but your on a strange planet on unfamiliar territory. I just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened." The Lieutenant said looking at me.

  " The only bad thing that has happening is that you clearly are demonstrating that you don't trust my abilities or my training." I said sadly looking away from him, I knew he cared but I just wanted to prove myself.

  " Okay. Look this is still your mission. I'll leave you to it." Lieutenant Bumblebee said begrudgingly.

  " Thank you sir." I said smiling wide at him.

Starscream's Profile:

  I sat besides Sideswipe relaxing while the others were up and about. Bumblebee was following Strongarm on her first solo mission, both our sires did that on us, and I didn't really know what the others were up to. Well, Russel and Grimlock that is.

  " It was Denny's idea to turbocharge our spark plugs!" Sideswipe complained as Fixit fixed him.

  Sideswipe had been said yes to this while I absolutely refused. I've winded up in the Med Bay enough times to know what is a bad idea in the Medical Field. This being one of them.

  " You shouldn't be helping Denny Clay with technology he doesn't-" Fixit started before we heard some banging and turned around.

  A Stasis Pod had trapped Denny underneath it, only letting his head and upper body be seen while his son tried to pull him loose. Oh boy...Things aren't going to end to well....

  " And what have we here?" Fixit asked as the rest of us came over watching silently.

  " Coming through." Grimlock said in T-Rex mode and lifted up the Stasis Pod trapping Denny.

  Denny came to his feet while Fixit started talking again, " Denny Clay, I sincerely appreciate your efforts to improve upon our limited resources, but Cybertronian technology is simply too advanced for the human brain."