Chapter Twenty-One: Misdirect

Starscream's Profile:

  All of us watched Russel as he got ready to do another magic trick. " For my next trick, an ordinary coin." Russel then pulled out a coin from his pocket.

  " Now watch carefully." He put the coin into his fist, he then turned to his father, " I can't believe you're making me do this."

  " You're the great Rusteenie! You loved magic!" Denny said to his son.

  " Loved. Past tense." Russel pressed, before going back to his trick, " Hocus-Pocus, try to focus, and now you don't!"

  The coin was now gone as Russel opened his fist. All of us stared in shock and gasped. That was impressive trick.

  " Alright let me interrogate Russel, Lieutenant. I know I can break him." Strongarm said, I almost burst out laughing.

  " There's no need Cadet. I know exactly how Russel made the coin vanish." Fixit said to her. " He dissolved it with a miniaturized spectra naumann atom sequencer."

  " Probably not." Bee finally said, " I suspect Russel performed a simple illusion, masterfully."

  Russel then began to explain the trick, " You see, when you think I'm taking the coin with my right hand, I actually let it drop into my left. Then, I made sure you were all looking at my right hand while I said all those magic words. So you wouldn't see me drop the coin into my pocket." Russel then pulled out the coin from his pocket.

  " A little, Flim-Flammerly." Denny explained.

  " Magicians call it misdirection." Russel finished.

  The proximity alarm then went off, someone was near the base, Fixit pulled out his scanner, " A Decepticon Signal, very close, headed right for the Scrap Yard's front gate!"

  " Denny, Russel, Fixit, hang back. If this con is making a frontal assault he must be pretty confident in his firepower." Bee said to me.

  I nodded at Bee, I would follow them to find who this con is, then come back and guard the others. Bee and Strongarm stood at both ends of the gate while Grimlock took center. I stood back a bit further, but I was close enough to see.

  " Be ready for anything." Bee said seriously.

  Grimlock and Strongarm nodded, the gate then was opened slowly. Their serious expressions turned to ones of shock. Steeljaw was standing there, energon dripping from his mouth while a serious wound was by his side. Three long claw marks, one of Steeljaw's claw was covering some of the energon leaking.

  He then fell forward, by the sound of his breathing and his grunts of pain, this was serious, " I gotta be honest, I was not ready for that." Grimlock ammited.

  A puddle of energon began to grow under Steeljaw, all of us were standing over him, " Arms to the sides and fingers out so I can see your claws Steeljaw." Strongarm then said.

  " Scrobinock....brother Decepticon.." Steeljaw's breathing then became heavy as his body tried to make sure his vents stayed open. " Can't believe.......betrayed..."

  His words started to get quieter. " What did he say?" Strongarm asked, haven't not been able to hear him.

  " Something about being tricked by another Decepticon." Bee said, I then turned over Steeljaw and started to look at his wound.

  " Steeljaw was flim-flammed?!" Grimlock asked in shock, I began to wash off his wound while he said that.

  " Whatever the case, let's get him in stasis." Bee said.

  I then began to bandage his wound. In no time, his wound had been dealt with. Bee and the others then took him into a stasis pod. Steeljaw's expression was one of peace while he slept, which was common between all Transformers.