True Queen

Athena

Athena knew that this was just a starter. Gaea probably had something else in store for them. 'Stay on your toes.' Athena noted. Soon, there was a hiss. 'No.' Athena thought. Athena searched the area for that hiss. Then a female's laugh that got everyone's attention. Walking towards the group was a woman that hates Athena a lot. She was in a short dress that was connected with shorts. Her eyes were covered with sunglasses and her hair was snakes. Strapped to her back was a spear. Athena stepped in front of everyone and threw up her shield. It will protect everyone inside the shield and they'll be able to see the battle without turning into stone. Then Athena threw her shield around the campers. Medusa reached Athena.

"My, my, it's been a while, hasn't it Athena?" Medusa asked.

"I see you're still a gorgon." Athena said. Medusa glared and said,

"Because of you, and now you're going to pay."

"Ha, you can't beat a goddess."

"You would be surprised. I stayed in Tartarus after your daughter and that son of Poseidon defeated me. And while I was there." Medusa said and she started to glow bright brown.

"Gaea blessed me. So I could kill you. That shield of yours may protect their eyes, but your eyes aren't protected." Medusa said, and pulled off her glasses. Athena looked at Medusa straight in the eye, but she didn't turn to stone.

"I'm your creator, so your power doesn't affect me." Athena explained. Medusa hissed and pulled out her spear. Athena flicked her wrist and her spear came out. Athena knew that she was going to have to cut her dress so she could fight. So Athena ripped her dress until it was to the middle of her thigh. Athena was in her in her starting position when Medusa charged.

'She's fast.' Athena thought. Medusa and Athena's staff's met. Strength versus strength, Athena and Medusa were even. Athena kicked Medusa in the stomach. Medusa was sent back, but her spear was still in her hand. Athena charged, her spear pointing at Medusa. Medusa stuck her spear into the ground and when Athena was close enough, Medusa was in a handstand on her spear. '[Swear.]' Athena thought when Medusa kicked Athena. Athena was sent flying in the air, but Athena turned so she was doing a backhandspring. Both women were panting, but kept fighting. Lunging, stabbing, and blocking, the women didn't stop.

Ten minutes passed, the campers were cheering on Athena. Athena's dress was torn. Her right shoulder was bleeding ichors and her dress was now a one shoulder. 'This is my most revealing outfit.' Athena thought. Her dress was ripped under her breast and she was bleeding. Medusa wasn't any better. She had a huge gash down the front of her dress and she was bleeding gold dust. She lost the heads of almost all of her snakes. Medusa cursed.

"Yield." Athena said. Medusa smiled, and then she moved faster than Nike, literally. One second later Medusa smiled behind Athena and yelled,

"For Gaea." Medusa stabbed her spear into the back of Athena's neck. But the tip of the spear was aimed perfectly at Athena's mark. The mark made a force field around Athena and Medusa was pushed back into Athena's protection shield. A light surrounded Athena. When the light was gone, Athena looked down and gasped. 'This is my most revealing outfit.' Athena thought. The armour on her chest was a deep v-neck and had a gem that changed to every gem known to Athena. The gem was literally the only thing that connected her armour together. Her chest armour was like wearing a bra made of bronze. She was wearing a skirt that was made of bronze and it was covered with gems on the belt. There were bronze spikes that hung on her skirt. Strapped to Athena's back was a bow, quiver, and her spear would be there if she wasn't fighting. On Athena's wrist were gold cuffs that hid knifes. The belt on Athena's skirt held a sword in the back. Athena's left thigh had a lot of arrows for her bow and quiver. Athena's right thigh had a pistol that could change into any type of gun and it had an infinite amount of bronze bullets. Now, this would way someone down carrying all this stuff, but Athena didn't feel any extra weight on her. Athena covered her mouth with her left hand to cover her gasp. But Athena tasted metal when her left hand was covered over her mouth. Athena looked at her left hand and there was gold ring on her left ring finger that had all the birthstones in it and it was engraved, Queen Athena.

"What? Impossible." Medusa gasped and screamed. Everyone were frozen in shock, expect for Rhea who was smiling.

"You know Medusa; you might have been blessed by Gaea. But I think I was just blessed by the Fates." Athena said.

"My spear was forged so I could kill you. Not even in your roman form can you defeat me." Medusa said. Athena smiled and noticed she was all healed. Medusa charged but Athena used the same moved Medusa just used. But this time it worked. Medusa head was cut off and Medusa was dead. Athena waved her hand and the shields were down. Everyone ran to Athena. Athena placed Medusa's head in a sac and tied it up tightly. Everyone was still staring at Athena.

"How... How did...?" Poseidon started but trailed off.

"I have no clue." Athena admitted. Rhea laughed and said,

"Look what's on your head, Athena." Everyone gasped and Aphrodite handed a mirror to Athena. Hera's crown was on Athena's except it was more beautiful. Hera's crown had a ruby in it, but this crown had every one of the birthstones. Athena's jet black hair was perfectly curled and clean. Her face didn't have makeup but she didn't need it. She and Annabeth looked exactly the same expect their hair colour was different.

"I'm... I'm..." Athena started but stopped.

"Hail, the greatest of the goddesses. The True Queen of the Gods. Hail, Athena, True Queen of the Gods." Rhea announced. The campers knelt, even her children. The gods bowed and so did Rhea. Athena was dazed. 'I'm the Queen.' Athena thought. Then the colour drained out of her. Using her new powers drained her so much that she collapsed in the arms of the closest to her. Poseidon's arms.