Hera's message

Annabeth

Two days, twelve hours and five minutes since Percy went missing. Two days, twelve hours and five minutes since Annabeth had been half dead. She felt like someone had ripped out her heart and crushed it. Annabeth only ate one meal a day. She felt like she should be dead, because the only thing that kept Annabeth alive was gone.

It was curfew and Annabeth wasn't in her cabin she was in the Poseidon cabin. Ever since Percy went missing, if she wasn't searching, Annabeth was in the Poseidon cabin. She felt like she was so close to Percy.

"All of me." Annabeth sang her song and prayed to her mother and Poseidon that Percy would come back. Annabeth fell asleep.

Annabeth's dream was different than usual. Annabeth saw Percy, herself and a girl she has never seen before, yet Annabeth knows her. Her name was Lucy. Percy and Annabeth were on a picnic blanket, their arms wrapped around each other, while the little girl was playing. Lucy's hair was jet-black like Percy's but her eyes are what captivated Annabeth. Around Lucy's pupils was green that had little green spikes sticking out. The green spikes were mixing in with the gray in the rest of her eyes. Around Lucy's neck was Annabeth's lost locket. Lucy looked so much like Annabeth, it was scary. Annabeth called,

"Lucy, don't go too far in the water."

"Ok, Mommy." Lucy called back.

"Don't worry Annabeth, it's not like Dad would drown his own granddaughter." Percy said.

"I know, but I'm still worried. We have to leave her here in two months to fight a war we might not win. What's going to happen if we don't win? If I die? Or worse, if you die?" Annabeth confessed.

"We'll win and come back. I am not leaving and neither are you. But if I do die, I'll make sure you're safe." Percy promised.

"I would rather die with you instead of live without you." Annabeth said.

"Lucy needs her mother more than she needs her father." Percy said.

"But I need you, so you can't die." Annabeth cried. Percy wiped her tears away.

"Then neither of us will die. For Lucy and for us." Percy promised and kissed Annabeth. Annabeth's dream changed again. There standing in front of Annabeth was the devil. Ok, it was Hera.

"Hera." Annabeth snarled.

"Daughter of Athena, go to the Grand Canyon, find the boy with the one shoe, and your problems shall be solved. Do it tomorrow and do not fail me. If you do, the greatest evil shall be awakening. Go." Hera ordered. Annabeth woke up in cold sweat. 'Solve my problems, Percy. I have to go to the Grand Canyon.' Annabeth thought. Then Annabeth remembered the first part of her dream. 'Lucy, why do I feel so connected to her? Why does she have my locket? Why did she call me Mommy? And who is she?' Annabeth ran and banged on the front door of the big house. Chiron opened the door in his pyjama shirt and tail curlers.

"Chiron, I need your help." Annabeth said.

"Can't this wait till morning, dear?" Chiron yawned.

"No." Annabeth said. Annabeth told Chiron about Hera's message, leaving out the first part of her dream.

"This is important. Well, tomorrow is when Butch is supposed to pick up demi-gods in the Grand Canyon from Gleeson Hedge. You can go with him." Chiron said. Annabeth nodded and ran out of the big house back to the Poseidon cabin, hoping to get some sleep, that didn't happen. Annabeth didn't care; she had a lead to find Percy.