Advantage

Athena

'Stupid piece of metal.' Athena thought as she looked at Amphitrite's sword that almost killed her husband. Athena hit the table, her patience leaving her. Athena had been looking at the sword for the past five hours after she had dinner. Speaking of dinner, Athena was happy that her daughter was engaged now. Percy asked Athena for Annabeth's hand in marriage a week ago so Athena was waiting. Now it's eleven and Athena is really close to tossing this weapon out the window.

"Stupid weapon." Athena mumbled. Athena looked at her book of metals that she borrowed from Hephaestus, with some help from Hermes. This book has every, single metal know to anyone in it, and yet Athena can't match this sword's metal.

"Ah, what is this metal? I freaking hate this sword." Athena yelled. Athena slammed the book shut and slammed her head on it. Athena felt arms wrap around her shoulders.

"Calm down. You don't have to figure out the sword tonight. Get some sleep and do it tomorrow." Poseidon whispered.

"I can't. If I wait another day, I'll get so mad, all Tartarus will break lose." Athena warned her head still on the book.

"Well, to me, it looks different from anything Hephaestus uses." Poseidon said.

"Exactly, I can't figure this out and I'm ready to..." Athena started when Poseidon put his finger on her lips.

"Calm down. We'll figure this out." He said.

"But what can kill gods?" Athena asked.

"Us fading." Poseidon answered.

"Exactly, that and..." Athena's voice trailed off. Athena quickly flipped through her files on her laptop.

"Here, read this." Athena said. Poseidon quickly looked at the file. He cursed.

"This is ice from the River Styx. That accursed river and its ice. It makes demi-gods invulnerable but makes us vulnerable." Poseidon snarled.

"And if we get stabbed in the heart, or our head cuts off, we all die." Athena muttered.

"And never come back. I knew I should have gotten rid of that river. Then how is the sword silver?" Poseidon asked.

"It's either painted or mist. All I know is, if you can't melt it, we'll need stronger armor." Athena said.

"Well, let's try." Poseidon said as he pulled Athena out of her chair. 'Let's hope this works.' Athena thought. Poseidon raised his hand and the sword melted into a puddle of silver water.

"It worked." Athena yelled with delight.

"Save the water, I need to research it." Athena ordered. Poseidon nodded and made the water go into a jar.

"Ok, now, to bed with you." Poseidon ordered.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Athena said and climbed into bed. Poseidon followed her and kissed her.

"Night, I love you." Athena whispered.

"Love you too, night." Poseidon said and turned off the lights. 'Well, we have an advantage in this war. We can get rid of Gaea's weapons.' Athena thought as she drifted into her sleep.