Perfection

Percy

what just happened, made Percy more worried than ever. He knew that he had to protect Lucy. And that Annabeth would protect Lucy too. Percy will protect them both, because he can't lose them. Percy patted their hairs as he held them close.

"We need a meeting." Percy said. Everyone nodded. The campers cleaned up the mess as the counsellors and the gods had a meeting. Hera was practically hiding behind Rhea.

"So, what happened?" Athena asked.

"Well, Zeus was wondering where everyone was. I tried to keep him from finding out, but he forced the answer out of me." Hera said.

"How?" Athena asked.

"A wife can't lie to her husband." Hera said. Rhea started laughing her head off.

"A wife... Can't lie... ha, honey welcome to the twenty first century. A little white lie won't have hurt him." Rhea said.

"But, I have to be the perfect wife." Hera said.

"Hera, not even a titan is perfect, no one is. I wish you learned that before you had Hephaestus." Rhea said.

"Thank you." Hephaestus said.

"I said I was sorry." Hera complained.

"Beyond the point, you're the goddess of family, but that doesn't mean you're the goddess of perfection. What does family mean?" Rhea asked.

"Well," Hera started.

"Family is a group of people that you love, that you want to protect. You need to learn to accept your family for their differences, Hera. And you also have to stop killing Zeus children." Rhea said.

"I didn't kill anyone." Hera said.

"Hera, you made Hercules go mad, and that made him kill his family. Your job as the goddess of family means that you have to make families and keep them sane, not destroy them." Rhea said.

"He got what he..." Hera started.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. Did Hercules do anything to you? No. You can't take your anger out on Zeus' children. Does Aphrodite kill Hephaestus's children? No. Learn to accept your step-children." Rhea said.

"I did, Jason's here." Hera said.

"You made my mom give you me." Jason said.

"We already went over this." Hera said.

"Hera, Jason has a point. That crown on your head doesn't really belong to you." Rhea said. Then Rhea covered her mouth, like she wasn't supposed to say that. Percy looked at Annabeth and raised an eyebrow. Annabeth shrugged. Athena looked puzzled.

"What do you mean, it doesn't belong to me?" Hera asked.

"I have said too much already. I will tell you when the true queen takes charge." Rhea said.

"Mother." Hera cried.

"That isn't important right now, let's talk about what you did to Lucy." Rhea said. Annabeth winced and tightened her grip on Lucy and Percy. Percy gave Annabeth a kiss on her temple and it calmed her down. 'This might make Annabeth really mad.' Percy thought.

"Ok, I knew that Annabeth was forming Lucy in thought. If Zeus found out, say bye to Lucy. So when the baby was forming in the mist of thought created by Annabeth, I took Annabeth's locket off of her neck then took Lucy once she was fully created. I gave her to Lupa, knowing that Lupa would take care of the child, and that Zeus wouldn't find her." Hera explained.

"Why didn't you at least tell me?" Annabeth asked.

"If you knew, Zeus would've known." Hera explained. Annabeth softened, or at least Percy thought she did. The meeting ended as everyone went to bed. 'Who is the goddess that Hera's crown belongs to?' Percy wondered as he and Annabeth cuddled in bed. 'Who?'