What's wrong with that

Athena

'Of course, he knew. I bet he was watching me the whole time.' Athena thought as she waited for him to speak first.

"I thought I asked you not to train." Poseidon mumbled.

"Actually, you said, don't train until you feel better. I felt better until I got hit in the head." Athena quoted.

"Who were you sparing with?" Poseidon asked.

"You already know." Athena said. Poseidon nodded.

"Don't punish her, she was just sparring with me." Athena said.

"I wasn't going to. I know it wasn't her fault." Poseidon answered. Athena winced. 'It hurts.' Athena thought.

"Still hurts?" Poseidon asked.

"Yeah. Can you help me to the bed?" Athena asked. Poseidon walked over to her. Athena put her hand on his shoulder and stood up. Then something knocked her knees from her and Athena was bridal style in Poseidon's arms. Athena would have blushed, but she was used to this by now. She was comfortable in Poseidon's arms, safe, and loved. Poseidon carried her to bed and layed her down. He went to the little pool and cupped some water. 'What is he doing?' Athena wondered. Poseidon sat on the bed next to her and asked,

"Where does it hurt?" Poseidon asked.

"Right here." Athena said, pointing to the back of her head. Poseidon sat her up and started water healing her. 'That's what he's doing. Healing me.' Soon Athena couldn't feel any more pain.

"Thank you." Athena said.

"You're welcome." He said and layed her back down. Athena studied him. His eyes were bloodshot and it looked like he didn't sleep in days, even though he slept last night.

"Poseidon, what were you doing while I was hurt?" Athena asked.

"Watching you. Making sure you were safe." Poseidon answered.

"Did you get any sleep before I woke up?" Athena asked.

"None."

"None? Why?" Athena asked.

"I said that I was making sure you were safe." Poseidon said. Athena felt guilty, he was doing so much for her and she hasn't done anything.

"I'm sorry." Athena said. Poseidon looked at her and asked,

"Why are you sorry?"

"You've done so much for me and everyone else. I haven't done anything." Athena confessed. Poseidon laughed and said,

"That's a lie. You've done as much as me. You're the one who convinced all the gods to agree with Hera's plan. You're the one who fought Medusa when she had the blessing from Gaea. Heck, I would be dead without you. And you'll probably figure out what Amphitrite's sword is made of. You've definitely done a lot and anyone would agree with me." Athena smiled and her guilt went away.

"And you did another thing." Poseidon said. Athena raised an eyebrow. Poseidon gripped her hand and said,

"You took my heart." Then he pressed his lips onto hers. Athena smiled against his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck. 'I guess, he loves me.' Athena thought.

"I love you." Poseidon whispered.

"I love you too." Athena whispered and kissed him once again. Hey, she's in love. What's wrong with that?