The true king

Athena

'No, No, No.' Athena thought as she placed Poseidon's almost lifeless body on the ground. He was barely breathing and a pool of blood surrounded him. Poseidon's eyes were closed and he couldn't talk. Amphitrite stopped a few steps, horror on her face. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and she said,

"He's as good as dead." 'What? Impossible.' Athena thought.

"That sword was forged by the Cyclops in Tartarus, so you can kill the god or goddess like a demi-god. He's as good as dead. That sword was for you, but he just had to protect you." Amphitrite yelled. 'This is my fault.' Athena thought. Percy charged at her, pure hatred in his eyes.

"I will kill you myself." Percy yelled as he took on the two of them. Athena's tears were still there. A voice that sounded familiar rang through Athena head.

'Tell him now, if you want him to live. Say it at the top of your lungs that he's the True King. Do it now or he'll die.' Athena knew if there was ever a time to say it, it was now.

"Don't die, please don't die." Athena whispered. Then she screamed at the top of her lungs,

"You're the True King." Poseidon eyes shot opened and everyone was pushed away from him. There was a light that was as bright as Athena's but much bigger. Athena looked at Rhea. She was even wide eyed. Everyone were on their knees from the force that came from the light. Even Ares couldn't stand, the power was too strong. Amphitrite looked in horror and Triton was completely in shock. Annabeth turned to her mother, she too had tears in her eyes, along with all of the girls at camp.

"Mom what's going on?" Annabeth asked.

"He's being crowned the King, I think." Athena said. Percy was just staring at the light that engulfed his father. It seemed like forever until the light died down. Poseidon was standing and he was all healed. His trident was still in his hand, but he was wearing armor. The full suit beside the helmet. There wasn't a crown to tell he was the King, but Zeus' cape. The cape was much more elaborate, with Poseidon's symbol on it and gold beads. On his left ring finger a ring exactly like Athena's without an engraving. Poseidon raised his trident and pointed it at his ex-wife and Triton.

"Percy, move. I don't want you hurt." Poseidon said. Percy nodded and ran over to Annabeth, Lucy and Athena. Lucy was still in Annabeth's arms. Percy helped them up. Poseidon threw his trident at Amphitrite and Triton. Amphitrite dissolved into the Earth as Triton yelled,

"Mother, don't leave me." Triton got hit with the trident and became a pool of salt water. The trident returned to Poseidon. Then, the King collapsed from using his new powers and the pain in his chest. Everyone ran to him. Athena laid him on his back and checked his heart beat. 'It's slowing.' Athena thought.

"His heart beat is dropping." Athena said, holding back more tears. Apollo started healing.

"We need to get him to the big house, now." Apollo said. Hades put Poseidon's arm around his shoulder and shadow traveled him and Apollo to the big house. Everyone sprinted towards the big house.

An hour went by and Athena was still worried. 'Is he ok?' Athena wondered. Patience was never Athena's thing. Annabeth and Percy were the same way.

"Grandma." Lucy said.

"Yes Lucy?" Athena asked putting on her best smile. She didn't want her granddaughter to see her sad.

"Is Grandpa going to be ok?" Lucy asked. Everyone looked at the little girl. She was so small, but was so much like her mother and grandmother, it was unreal. Always wanting to know everything. Athena put Lucy in her arms and said,

"Yeah, Grandpa's going to be just fine." Lucy nodded and fell asleep in Athena's arms. Another hour passed until Apollo came out of the room.

"Well?" Athena asked.

"I was just barely able to save him. He'll need more water when he wakes up and he'll need to be in bed for two days." Apollo explained. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. Poseidon lived.