Christmas eve part 2

Annabeth

they walked to the pavilion. Well, Percy and Annabeth walked while Lucy ran in the snow. The gods decided to bring in no-melting snow, and it was seventy five degrees outside. In the middle of the pavilion was a christmas tree. Annabeth was shocked the gods did this for the kids. The other campers were already dancing and eating the food. Annabeth pulled Percy towards the dance floor. They started dancing.

"You got better at dancing." Annabeth whispered. Percy laughed and whispered,

"Not really." Annabeth smiled and buried her head in the crook of Percy's neck. They danced to 'Today Was a Fairytale.' by Taylor Swift. Lucy came over to them and asked,

"Can I?" Annabeth smiled and picked up Lucy. Lucy was in Annabeth arms and Percy lowered his arms to Annabeth's waist. They danced like that for who knows how long. Then the Christmas tree was struck by lightning. Marching towards the pavilion was Zeus. Hera was behind him, trying to make him go home. Percy pulled Annabeth and Lucy behind him and got out Riptide. The other campers and gods did the same.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Zeus asked. Hera mouthed 'I'm sorry.'

"A child of the Hero and Heroine of Olympus. We can't have that now, can we?" Zeus asked.

"Zeus, she's only a child." Hera said.

"Who lived two years more than she was supposed to. Hand me the girl." Zeus said. The Olympian formed a 'U' around Zeus.

"Zeus, we don't have time for this." Poseidon said.

"Wrong, that girl is a threat..." Zeus started.

"To monsters, give her a chance." Athena said.

"She's too powerful to live." Zeus said. "I'm the King, so hand me the girl." No one moved.

"Stop acting like your father, Zeus. This is childish." A female voice said.

"Mother." Zeus growled.

"Now, is that anyway to speak to the woman who gave birth to you and saved you?" Rhea asked.

"I don't care. I want that little girl dead." Zeus whined.

"Will you ever grow up? You know, power isn't everything. I want you to listen to me, your mother. Gaea is rising whether you like it or not. I'm willing to help protect this family. Step up and do your part, or give that crown of yours to Poseidon, because he's done more to protect his family than you have. You maybe the King, but that never meant that you were ready. You still might not be ready. So, what are you going to do? Fight your family to kill a little girl who hasn't done anything or fight with your family to stop Gaea. Because if Gaea rises, do you think she'll skip you? If you do, you're wrong. You're going to be her first target. What's your decision?" Rhea said. Zeus paled, the glare that his mother gave him was worse than Athena's.

"Zeus, look at me," Rhea ordered. Zeus looked at his mother straight in the eye. Then he looked at Poseidon.

"You better win Poseidon." Zeus growled and left in the breeze. Annabeth could feel Lucy shaking or was it herself. Percy turned and looked at her in the eye. Annabeth practically collapsed in his arms. She gripped Lucy for dear life. 'This isn't like me.' Annabeth thought. Lucy started crying. Annabeth said soothing words into Lucy's ear. Percy watched them and hugged them. They were safe, for now.