23. Protecting what's Mine

Start from the beginning

Shivaay was on the edge of his self restraint, he felt like pulling his hair out in frustration. He wanted to kill himself then and there but he had a vulture to protect his lady from. On the meantime, one of his guards recognised the jeep and mentioned having seen this jeep in the morning and then infront of the Oberoi Industries. Shivaay’s lifeless hopes started breathing suddenly, but that little hope couldn’t stop him from giving a blow on the guard’s face and making him unconscious, for being so irresponsible and for not telling him such an important thing earlier. If he had used a bit of his useless brain, Anika could be saved from falling in this situation.

“I want to see the CCTV footage of the camera on the gate of Oberoi Industries. And also, if we can get a footage of the CCTVs on the nearby signal or any stores that are on the way to the office from Anika’s house.” Shivaay ordered impatiently and clutches the bag firmly.

The footages were not a big deal to be arranged with such a big team of policemen and Shivaay’s own security working breathlessly. The jeep, he observed, was following Anika since morning. Having found the number of the jeep, they could get to it sooner.

The number was sent to the policemen on duty on all the checkposts but they had not seen the jeep passing the checkpost. The only conclusion Shivaay could draw was, they took Anika out of the city before the checkposts were arranged. This mere thought was so scaring that he shivered thinking about the consequences if he got late in finding her. Getting scared and loosing hope wasn’t his cup of tea, he reminded himself and remembered Anika’s crying face in that video, her helplessness motivated him to try harder and succeed.

“Sir, the villagers living nearby have told us that there is a shortcut that leads to the outskirts of the city. The road isn’t in a good condition but the villagers use that way more often. May be those goons took that way to go out of the city or may be they are hiding in the jungle surrounding that road ?” Khanna’s suggestion gave his hazel eyes a kind of sparkle. Shivaay didn’t show it ever but there was a reason this man infront of him could be trusted by him with his eyes closed. He would’ve hugged his security chief Khanna if he had not to rush.

The bad condition of the road didn’t matter to him, or the condition of his luxurious Mercedes or the fact that his guards and the police men were far behind him. All that mattered was, he had to find Anika as soon as possible. And then, there was a point where the road ended into a pit that was impossible for a car to cross. He stepped out of the car and at once noticed the marks of tires going towards the left direction from the road. Shivaay didn’t care to speak anything, his heart did the talking. It may sound ridiculous to anyone that his heart told him that his Anika was here. Even he himself would’ve scolded himself for talking rubbish, but since this special woman entered his life, he had started to believe in things that were alien for him all his life.

He was right, there the jeep was, parked infront of an old house that looked like a scary castle, nothing but a ruined building surrounded by a lot of garbage and rusted iron.

The place was ruined to the point of collapsing. A few pillars had already collapsed and the rest of the house looked as if it would fall on his heads in the very next moment. He stepped up the round wooden staircase, that creaked with each step he took, as if it was not strong enough for even the air to pass.

Shivaay looked at Anika, lying on the floor with the wooden chair fallen on her tied feet, that were bleeding by now due to the tight grip of those ropes and her hands severely tied behind her back. A tear drop slid down his eyes and disappeared into his mouth through his parted lips from which the sobs escaped.

It was only a wooden door with glass that was separating him from her. If breaking the door wood alert the wolves of that vulture, the lion doesn’t care. He broke the door and untied her hands and feet as delicately as he could. He didn’t even want to caress her wounds for that it would hurt her.

The wolves screamed as they heard the door breaking. He could hear their footsteps advancing towards the room. The soft look in his eyes turned into a ferocious one but he didn’t care to run away. He slightly shifted Anika so that she was sitting with her back supported by the wall. He caressed her face, and placed a lingering kiss on her forhead as if to erase her pain and that frown on her forehead and also to assure her that everything was fine because he would die but won’t let them harm her.

They had dared to mess up with him, fine, but they chose the wrong medium. Their coward master would eventually be caught and punished. He would peel his pound of flesh from his body. Every drop of blood from his body would pay for the tears she shed because of his lust, his lies, his hungry obsession. But before that, these wolves were going to be punished. He was not going to move unless he broke their hands that dared to touch her, make her cry and hurt her.

The policemen and Shivaay’s security, when reached the house, heard the screams and the sound of something heavy crashing and breaking. Anyone who didn’t know who Shivaay was and what he was capable of doing for his dear ones, would’ve thought he was in danger among so many enemies. Little did they know it was the other way around.

There was blood all over the place and those goons who were trying to scream, their screams were no stronger than whispers. The inspector tried to stop Shivaay but Khanna stopped him because it was useless, all they could do was to do their best in protecting him and his ‘life’. Only Khanna knew that by his life he meant the lady they were searching for, the lady whom he accepted as a little sister just two days ago.

“Get up, scoundrel, and tell that bastard, that he is doing nothing but adding more to his already rotten destiny. Get. Up. I said !” Shivaay  shouted at the top his lungs as he pulled the almost lifeless body of the man from the collar of his filthy shirt. The man was barely able to open his eyes and those eyes too, held fear and he felt something wet in between his thighs. Shivaay smirked as he pushed him towards a pillar. He was going towards him again but a meek, painful moan from Anika’s mouth stopped him.

The anger replaced by concern and the eagerness to punish those men replaced by the wish to take Anika out of this place, he picked her up and gestured Khanna to follow him. The inspector sighed and wiped the sweat beads from his face and gestured his constables to take these ‘poor fellows’ to the hospital and only when they recover they would be arrested. “Getting killed in an encounter would be better than facing this beastly businessman.” The inspector thought and left from there before this building that Shivaay Singh Oberoi ruined more, collapsed on his head.

Caressing the messy but fragrant, black haired head that was burried in the crook of his neck, he sat in the back seat of his car with khanna at the wheel. If Khanna was staring at him as Anika was sitting in his lap, he didn’t care. He sat there as stiff as a statue because a slight movement made her stir and get scared and clutch his shirt tighter. He kissed her on the temple on the right side of her head and wandered if she felt as safe in his arms as he did that night when he slept with his head on her lap.

He looked at the sky, with the bronze, orange and yellow shades colouring the horizon  and the dawn preparing to welcome the Sun, the way he was to planning to welcome her in a world of love and happiness.
____________________________

So, how was it ? Do tell me and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕