44

He's No Longer The Lone Wolf

Nari's POV

"Channie?" My voice softened as I cupped his right cheek, my eyes tears up as I scooted closer to him on the bed, my heart was twisting and turning as I stared at his face, "H-how? They said you died." I scanned his face, admiring the tiny scars on his face. "You haven't changed...but the hair." I giggled as I moved my hands through his naturally curly brown hair. "They made a deal with me, I work for the government now." He threw me a wink with a proud smile on his face.

He was free!?

He never told me.

"FUCK YOU!" I slapped his face once I realized the tiny flaws in this conversation, "you never called, you never contacted me, PLUS I almost killed my self because I thought you died. I hooked up with Felix trying to move on but those nights. I thought if YOUR face! Even when he spoke to me, I THOUGHT I HEARD YOU!" I choked on my tears as he looked away from my tears eyes. "I'm sorry, I actually did come back, I checked up on you two but you seemed so happy I didn't want to ruin you again." He sighed, I wanted to pull into another hug, just one more, but he hugged me without any second thoughts. "I'm glad you found your way here, I don't think I'd be able to live without you." He whispered. "So how will this end? Are you free? Will you live with me?" I pulled away and watched his eyes drift away from mine, he looked at the mirror behind us and held my hand, "not yet. I'll come back, but not yet Nari." He kissed my knuckle as I tightened my grip around his cold yet soft hands. "Promise me you'll come back." I knew he'd say it. He'd say promises aren't meant to be kept forever.

"I promise."

Wait what?

"Will you grow up with me? I don't want to be a monster anymore I want to have a happy family, with you." He was wearing a chain around his neck, he ripped it off and held it in his hands, "what is it?" I asked as I opened his hands to check what he was trying to show.

"I want you to marry me." Around that chain was a ring, "I've kept this around for years, as my good luck charm, I wanted to give it to you, but you never replied to my 'I love you'" he let out yet another sigh and put the chain back into his pockets but I stopped him, I pulled his hands back out, "I do love you, I love you more than there are stars in the sky. I love you more than anyone in this world." I placed another kiss on his lips as he put the ring on my finger, "once I'm done my mission I'll come back. We're almost done. Let's get married and grow old together." He had the biggest smile on his face, "b-but Felix.." I felt bad, I didn't want to leave him alone. "He knows your feelings weren't true." Chan let out a small laugh, but uhh what? What did he mean? "Felix is a sociopath, he doesn't show it but you remember when you first let him...he's the person that hid the bodies I killed, there were many that the cops haven't found. He'll get over it." Chan rolled his eyes as he hopped off the bed, "go home, it's late Jisungs probably worried sick." He walked out of the room but I stopped, Jisung...

"Chan Jisungs been in a coma for 2 years now.." I looked outside, at the foggy sky, maybe one day he'd wake up.

"Maybe luck will come by." He softly smiled as he shut the door behind him, leaving me alone in the room.

Suddenly my phone went off, it was Felix.

He was panting like crazy, as if he ran somewhere, "Nari! Jisung woke up!" He yelled in between breaths. "I'm coming!" I grabbed My purse and ran out of the house, Chan followed me and drove me back.

Once we got to the hospital we made our way to Jisungs room, "he's fine." Felix smiled, running up to hug me, "whose this?" Felix scanned Chan up and down noticing his new appearance. "C-chan?" His voice got softer, but Chan pulled in before Felix could shed a tear, "Jisungs inside." Felix ruffled my hair and walked out to the waiting room. I asked Chan to stay back as I opened Jisungs room, "hey Nari." Jisung whispered in a weak shaky tone, "I missed you." I hugged him tight, so tight, I wanted to keep him safe forever.

"Chan's back." I pulled back showing him my ring, "and you're getting married?" He raised an eyebrow. "Y-yeah.." I fiddled with the ring waiting for Jisung to speak up, "alright."

"What?"

"Yeah, you've been through more than I have...you deserve it Nari." Jisung blew me a kiss making me laugh, "I'm glad you're awake you dork, I'm sorry it was my fault." I looked away but Jisung let out a sigh.

"Where's Minho?"

"Minho..? Oh. He's been waiting for you." I watched Jisungs smile get bigger as he watched Minho walk in, "I'm glad you're alright." He smiled.

"I have to go now. I'll see you when you come home."

✧    ✧     ✧    ✧

Once everything went back to normal I had just one thing left.

I had to wait for Chan to finish his mission, so we could be together once again.

It was around 4 am, the cities lights were out, the perfect time to watch the stars. As usual I sat out on the roof, watching the stars shine above me with a warm cup of hot chocolate in my hand. "Maybe life does have its happy ending." I mumbled under my breath.

"I guess they do. Hello princess." I turned around and found Chan standing next to me, "come sit." I pulled him down and wrapped him around my blanket, "I'm free, they let me go, I'm on break until they give me my next mission." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his warm body. "Y-you know we could just get married later and have kids now." He had a mischievous smirk on his face as he spoke up, "woahhh there buddy." I laughed.

"Hey! You did it with Felix." He snapped.

"Many many times." He held out his fingers counting but I stopped him.

"Okay okay, maybe a quick marriage, maybe just tomorrow." I rolled my eyes, "it's not that important to me at this point, I just want to be with you and only you." I held his warm hands as he held my hand.

"You've fallen for me, I don't think I'll be the lone wolf anymore." He leaned his head on my shoulder and continued to speak, "I love you Nari, I'm glad I have you by my side. If it wasn't for you I'd be on a killing spree right now." He chuckled. I watched the cool breeze blow past his brown hair, it was so...beautiful.

"I love you Nari." He pulled me closer so his lips met mine, "I love you too, I didn't say it properly last time, but I love you." I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely as he picked me up taking me back into my room, his body hovered over mine as he place more kissed on me, they went from pecks but to loser kisses. Sooner or later I pulled his shirt over his head, he smiled but continued to do the same to me, "I guess Felix won't get to do things I'll do now." He smiled as he looked me in the eyes.

"I'm glad you're back"

"Me too."