05

Nari's POV

Nari's POV

Its been two weeks since the last murder, and I haven't really heard from Chan either. Everything's been quiet. I liked the quiet. The investigation continued to go on about the man who had been murdered but the ask found out that there's a missing girl, they don't know whether she's dead or alive. Jisung made me stay home right after school ended because he didn't want me getting hurt.

It's Saturday night and I have nothing planned to do tonight, just chill in my backyard and listen to music.  "The stars are out today." I mumbled to myself, feeling the cold breeze brush past my cheeks.
I suddenly found a white rabbit hopping alone around the dark patches of my backyard. "What's a fluffy little thing doing here in this awful neighbourhood." I crouched down to catch it but it kept moving.

I took a glance at my phone, "follow the white rabbit?" I looked at the rabbit in front of me and it started to hop away

I took a glance at my phone, "follow the white rabbit?" I looked at the rabbit in front of me and it started to hop away. I ran after it, the rabbit lead me to my front yard, I continued to follow it until I reached a bright red car. "What's this?" I looked up and found Chan smiling at me. "Hey Princess." He leaned forward to talk to me, slowly rolling down the windows. "Want to go for a ride?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "I don't know...let me ask my brother." I ran back into my house but I heard him mumble, "so you have a brother.." what a weird guy.

"Jisung?" I called out for his name. "Yeah what's up?" He ran out of the kitchen, a knife in one hand and a slice of bread in the other. "Is it alright if I go out with a friend?" I asked, fluttering my eyes so he couldn't say no. "Alright, but be back before the am hits." He groaned and walked back into the kitchen. After that I quickly went upstairs and changed into black jeans and a red hoodie.

It was still a mess but I ran back downstairs to meet Chan, "sorry for the wait." I said, sitting down in the passenger seat next to him. "It's all right, would you like to watch the stars with me?" He asked in his deep voice. It was weird, he wasn't smiling or anything, he just....stared. "Sounds good." I replied.

The drive was long and he played some calm music as we drove, the ride was quiet, he didn't say a word until we arrived. Once we arrived he opened my door and walked me to a beautiful hill, "this is gorgeous." I gave him a smile and he panicked to give me a smile as well.

"Why do you keep calling me princess?" I asked.

"It suits you." He sighed, tucking his head into his arms. I wasn't too focused on him though, I was more focused on the stars. "Have you ever been hurt?" He asked. It was an odd question but I simply nodded. "Yeah, as a kid actually. I dealt with some traumas but I can't recall what it was." I chuckled and he mouthed 'o' before he reached for his bag.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked, watching a shooting star fly by. "I've never experienced it. I don't even remember what it feels like." He pushed his back away and looked at me. "What do you mean?" I grabbed his hand and moved closer to his face. "Does that not make you feel any way at all?" I asked again, my face was inches from his yet he showed no emotions. "No." He shook his head. "I guess you need to learn what love is like." I pulled away and laid back on the grass. "Maybe one day you'll be able to experience it. It's a warm feeling in your heart, it makes your heart flutter when you're close to the person you care for." I turned to him and he just blanked out. "Thats cute but, I don't think a person like me can ever be loved." He chuckled pulling me up from the ground. "Let's go home Nari, it's late." He reached for my hand and walked me to the car.

It was the first time he called me by my name.

Chan's POV

It was easy to bring Nari to a dark area with no one around. An easy way to play around with my pray before killing them.

But something stopped me.

I went to grab a small knife from my bag as she continued to blabber nonsense.

"Have you ever been in love?" I was about to pull the blade out but her words stopped me.

Love?

That cold feeling.

I haven't felt it in years.

Ever since I lost my mother, no one was by me to show me what love felt like.

I started feeling some way when she pulled herself closer to me, I was too focused on her breath then her voice.

"Let's go home Nari." I don't think today's the right day.

It was weird. I never see my victims as anything but my next play toys, they're just there for me to kill. To me, they're nameless unless I see their bodies on the news with several labels, that's when I find out who they are.

But why did I say her name.

Their names are supposed to mean nothing to me.