18

𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑛𝑎𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠

Nari's POV

"Nari where were you!? You took forever!!!" Hyunjin whined wrapping me in a hug. "Damn they're dating already." A girl groaned through a crowd full of teenagers. "We're not dating yet but she's mine." Hyunjin pouted wrapping his arms around me.
"Ooooo he said Not yet." Another guy yelled. "Shut up." Felix pushed the boy to the side and walked away. "Did I bother you while I was asleep?" I asked turning to face Hyunjin. "Hmm...not really but you did lean against my shoulder it was kind of cute." He smiled. "I didn't mean to I'm sorry." I looked down and felt my face heat up I'm embarrassment , was I mumbling in his ear?

"Alright kids! We'll need you to prepare your tents for the night, everyone will have their own, so no fooling around. 1 person per tent." One of the volunteers announced as they handed us our equipment. "Come! I found the perfect place!" I heard girls giggling as they head their friends to camp sites. I watched Felix and Hyunjin talk to a bunch of their friends so I thought I'd best be off alone. I found a nice place under a tree and started building my tent. It was hard at first but I figured it out. "Once you're all done, come to the big wooden house, we'll serve dinner there." Our student leader said as he walked around handing us maps. "Nari are you alright?" He walked up to me a bit concerned. "No it's alright Minho, I'll manage." I gave him a smile and watched him walk off. "Alright take care." He took a quick look in my tent before leaving. Once he as gone I took a peek and found a red rose sitting inside. "Maybe Minho left it?" I looked around but the tent was empty, nothing but a Red rose. It's not like anyone else couldn't put anything in there right?

I watched everyone head towards the wooden house, I wasn't in the mood to eat the food they had for us so I laid in my tent for a while lost in thought. Soon enough the sun set, I was too busy reading a book Jisung had given me recently as a gift. I heard kids playing around, they were probably having a water fight or something. Screams and squeals of boys and girls were heard, it was chaotic. "Nari are you in here?" I heard someone whisper as they unzipped my tent. I realized it was pitch black at this point and a tired Felix crawled towards me with a blanket and pillows in his hand. "I can't sleep alone." His round cat eyes sparkled as he sat down in front of me. "Of course Lix." I got my spot ready and laid down. Felix laid down beside me and slowly closed his eyes. "You know, I feel some sort of comfort when I'm around you." He has a slight smile on his face as he closed his eyes. "I'm glad." I felt him hug me as I leaned my cheek against the top of his head. He was curled up into a ball next to me like a little baby.

"AHHH!" A sudden scream was let out. The sudden shriek caused me to bounce up from my sleep, I was sitting up with sweat dripping down my forehead. I looked over to Felix and he was fast asleep holding my right hand.

"Felix wake up! Did you hear that?" I shook Felix trying to wake up up. "Hmm? What is it?" His eyes were barley open as he sat up. "I just heard a scream..." I got up from my spot and out my shoes on before I head out of the tent. Felix followed after me clueless. "What happened?" I found Minho scratching the back of his head, he seemed pissed as well. "A group of girls went out for a walk and came across a dead body." Minho quietly walked alongside Felix and I as he explained everything. "The thing was that it was one of our classmates." He sighed. "Who was it?" Felix walked away from me and was beside Minho now. "It was Minjun..." Minho said, and I felt my heart drop. "I know him.." my heart shook, I couldn't focus on anything.

Minjun was the boy who harassed me in the alley, the one who attempted to hurt me when I was alone. Chan came but he promised me he wouldn't hurt him. Why would Chan kill him!? He promised!
"I-I have to go.." I left Felix and Minho alone and stormed off. "Nari where are you going?" Hyunjin crawled out of his tent and slipped a pair of slippers on as he followed after me. "It's nothing to back to sleep, I have to go do something." My heart was throbbing and I couldn't take it in anymore, I had to be alone. "Just be careful alright, I don't want you getting hurt, the cops are on their way." Hyunjin handed me a sweater to keep myself warm while I walked out, "thank you." I gave him a smile and rushed off into the forest. Once I was far enough I fell against a tree and wrapped myself in the sweater, it was cold but my heart felt colder. I couldn't take it. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I held my knees up to my chest. As long as I'm far away from everyone I'll feel better. I just want to stay away from all of this. Felix was with me the whole time. Hyunjin, Minho and everyone else was asleep for all I know.

He promised.

He promised me.

He promised me he wouldn't hurt him.

He-

"Hey Princess."