19

𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝐵𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝐵𝑦 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙

𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑎 𝑠𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑧𝑒.

Nari's POV

I don't know why but Chan's voice lingers all day around my ears, it's so soothing. I don't understand why, but I'm relieved to hear it whenever I'm down. Somewhere deep down I hoped it wasn't him who killed Minjun.

As I cried I wanted to be cradled in his arms. I'd tell myself I'm just putting random thought into my head but that's just a lie, I think about him too often, it's like a craving for sweets with a really bad sweet tooth.

He broke the promise.
No I trust him, he wouldn't.

He's a monster.
His heart belongs to my own when he wants to protect me.

Someone like him cannot he loved.
I love him.

Thoughts scrambled through my mind as I held my head down hugging myself tightly. What am I supposed to do now, all alone in a forest. What's crying going to do.

"Hey princess."

Great now I'm hearing him.

I suddenly felt myself against something warm and soft. "Don't cry." He looked up and found Chan hugging me. His arms were wrapped around me as he gushed me. "What happened?" He asked.

"Did you kill Minjun? You promise you wouldn't." I looked away from him but he gently pulled me up. "Look at me." He lifted my head with his index finger but I shook my head. "I didn't do it Nari. I think it was the guy who killed Soyeon." Chan pulled away from the hug and handed me his phone. "What's this for?" I asked turning it on. He simply unlocked it for me and opened his messages, "Look" he simply said.

"Another will die tonight. Stay away from Nari." I read the text message out loud. It was from another unknown number. "Does that mean he got killed because of me!?" I felt my voice get higher causing Chan to cover my mouth. "If the killer is here. He'll hear you." He whispered pinning me against a tree. "So what're we gonna do about it?" I asked pulling his hand away from my mouth. "He can't stop me from staying by you. So I'll have to keep an eye on your brother. I won't let anyone hurt him." He sounded passionate about this. He was protecting instead of killing, was he changing?
I felt myself falling asleep again and hugged Chan one last time. "I have to go back." I pulled away from the hug but he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Kiss me first." He smirked.

I wrapped my arms loosely against his neck and pulled myself up, kissing him under the full moon. "Open your eyes, and I'll be gone." He whispered. I felt his warm breath against my lips until his voice faded away. "Are you gone?" I asked opening my eyes. No response. I looked around but there was no one to be found. I guess he keeps his word. I smiled to myself as I walked back to the campsite.

"Where were you!?" Felix came running to me panicked. "I'm alright, I just needed some air." I smiled. I pulled myself closer to Felix and reached his ears, "I met Chan in the forest, it wasn't him." I whispered.

"I know" the sun look in his brown eyes came back, it had no glow. The wind blew through his hair as I pulled away. "W-what do you mean." I stepped away from him but the glow in his eyes came back. "I didn't want to tell you right away that's all. Once I saw the body I knew it wasn't him." He walked closer towards me until his chest was pressed against mine, I turned back but there was no more room for me to walk back. It was just a small gap that stopped me from being pressed against a tree. "It's not the way he kills." Felix walked closer and closer towards me. I felt myself loose balance and fall into the gap.

Felix grabbed my waist, preventing my fall. If his arms hasn't caught me I would've fell down this hill. He leaned closer towards me, the tip of his nose meeting mine. "It isn't mine either." He smirked once more. I got lost in his eyes once again. He was taking advantage of the situation. He pulled me close and pressed his lips against mine. There wasn't a gap between us. "What are you doing." I pulled away, this was wrong. "Why can't I? We did it back at home didn't we?" Felix tilted his head waiting for a reply. "That was because you weren't yourself, you were sad, your mind took over not your heart." I tried my best to hold my face away from his but his arms were still wrapped around me. "You don't know anything about what my heart wants. Not even then." Felix pushed me away a bit harder. He was angry. I watched him uncontrollably punch a tree on his way back. I watched him walk away until I could see nothing but darkness, once he was gone I started walking back to my tent.

"Are you alright?" Minho blocked my way as he held a mini backpack in his hand. "What's wrong?" I questioned. "You're bleeding Nari." Minho picked my loose hand up and lightly dabbed my wrist with a napkin. "How did this happen?" He asked. "I'm not sure...I went for a walk. I must've scratched myself." I used my left hand to wave my hand, "it's nothing really." I tried moving my right hand from Minho's grip but he held me down. "Let me place a bandage atleast." He looked at me with his round bunny eyes and I couldn't help but nod. "Alright. Hurry through we should both sleep soon." I smiled and he gave me a quick nod. "Just a few more seconds...and...there!" Minho hopped up and ruffled my hair.
"Alright G'night Nari! I'll see you in the morning!" He gave me a friendly wave as he skipped away.

His tent wasn't too far from mine so I didn't bother looking back at him.

Once I got to my tent I crawled in and I pulled my blanket over me to keep myself warm, I suddenly felt a piece of paper against my leg. I looked under my blanket and found an envelope.

As curious as I was I opened it up to find it full of rose petals.

I dumped a bunch out before a small note fell out as well.

I threw the paper to the other side of the tent wrapping myself in my blanket

I threw the paper to the other side of the tent wrapping myself in my blanket. What does he mean we're alike.

No camp fire was lit tonight. So I took a peek outside. The stars were beautiful.

I looked down and found a match box, when I picked it up it felt light.

I opened it up.

And it was empty.

Left with a simple sentence written inside.

𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙉𝙖𝙧𝙞.

A/N:

I originally wrote the letter but I heard the font wasn't readable for certain phones so I took a screenshot and posted a picture of the note instead 💞

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️