06

Nari's POV

Nari's POV

I finally arrived home and hugged Chan goodnight, he was a bit taken back but I was thankful for today, if I wasn't out with him today, I would've wasted my Saturday night napping after binging a few Netflix shows. Maybe he's not so bad, he just has a lot to learn, he seems. Lost.

"Nari! Come here! Come here!" Jisung yelled from the living room which caught my attention. "What's up?" I asked sitting down beside him. "They found the body of that girl that went missing tonight, they said she was stabbed to death, and the killer had also slit her throat." Jisung looked at me a bit worried. "Whose that guy that dropped you off?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Don't worry, he's perfectly safe. He walked me home the day of the party, he wants me safe as much as you do." I smiled and felt Jisung smack my head. "You idiot! You still need to be careful, I don't care if her friend or boyfriend or whatever, I just want you to never let your guard down." Jisung sighed and held my hand, "promise me."

"I promise." I gave him a warm smile making him smile back, "I'm glad I have a little sister like you." He ruffled my hair and pushed me off the couch. "Now flee peasant." He shoo'd be away.

I ignored him and walked back to my room. It's been a while since I've talked to Hyunjin maybe I should send him a text or something.

Turns out he's the same drama queen I remember from elementary school

Turns out he's the same drama queen I remember from elementary school. Maybe highschool isn't going to be that bad after all.

So far I've met one of Hyunjin's friends, Soyeon, and Bang Chan. My life isn't as dead as it used to be, somethings are going to change in my life but I'm not sure what it's going to be just yet.

Chan's POV

"Breaking news, the serial killer has killed yet another young woman, what will we do? What has society come too... blah blah blah." I turned off my tv mimicking the news reporter. Maybe I should reveal my mask this time to add some spice into the investigations. Make the officers feel like they have a lead, pfft how dumb.

Living alone in a mansion is pretty hard, it's big but empty, having some company around is fun from time to time. I used to have a butler who came around from time to time, his nephew played in my game room. They thought I was a young man who just lived alone, who would've thought that I'm a serial killer, I blend in with the crowd.

I wonder what Nari's up to.

Wait no.

What am I thinking I can't be thinking about her, she should've been murdered today, why did I stop.

*20 minutes later*

I ended up in front of her house, it was as if I couldn't control my body. So here I was standing in front of her door waiting for something to happen. This is useless. I walked through the back and climbed up to her window. She was fast asleep, so innocent. I could walk in and literally do anything I want. "Shut up." I slapped myself in the face and fell back into reality. Why does she make me feel this way. I hopped through her opened window and walked closer towards her. Does she make me feel anything? I held onto my chest and kissed her forehead. My heart didn't feel warm. It was just beating really fast. What was up with her 'wise' words. She just gave me false information. I didn't feel my heart heat up at all.

"Well, I gotta go. Goodnight princess." I pulled her hair away from her face and watched a smile grow on her face. Was she awake? "Goodnight Channie." She mumbled, and at that point my heart was beating like crazy. What the hell, did she poison me!? "Nari are you awake?" I walked back to her but she started to snore. "I guess she was just sleep taking." I shrugged my shoulders and headed out her window. She's a strange girl, I can tell you that.

I was on my way home when a woman collapsed on top of me. I pulled my mask over my head and pulled her up. "Well, I already saw your face don't try to hide it now beautiful." She stroked her hand from my chest to my face attempting to lift the mask up. "Not today." I grabbed her wrists and realized this was the right time to get caught on camera. "Actually, maybe you'd like to come with me somewhere special." I whispered in her way and she squealed from joy. "Of course." She smiled and followed me. How stupid could she be. I lead her to an alley where I knew there were cameras. "Now stand right there." I watched her close her eyes and took the chance to pull out my blade. "That's not very smart, you shouldn't be walking out with strangers you know." I took out the blade and slit it across her face. "WHAT THE HELL!?" She yelled cupping her right cheek that was now bleeding. "That's not very nice is it?" I clicked my tongue and walked closer to her. "If you stop running maybe I could make it easier for you." I took a stop at the dead end and she fell to the ground crying. "Don't worry this'll be very quick, I'm not in the mood to play around today." I sighed pulling out my gun and shooting her in the head. The screams suddenly stopped and I let out a deep breath. "There you go, told you it would've been quick." I threw my gun beside her body and waved at the camera. "This'll definitely make the news." From there I walked back home, and my worries weren't even on the gun. Because I was wearing gloves the whole time.

It's been a nice Saturday.

As a kid I've always made promises, promises that I'll be a good boy, that I'll listen to everyone. But those promises were held for my mother, the one who left me alone years ago.

So I learnt that promises

Are never meant to be kept forever.

It's all bullshit.