14

𝘏e's fallen in love

𝘏e's fallen in love. With the wrong person?

Chan's POV

Once the sun came down I unlocked Nari's door and opened it, she was fast asleep so I didn't want to bother her. As normal she mumbled nonsense in her sleep, I shrugged it off and walked out leaving the door open.

I walked into my room and plopped down onto my bed, maybe I could close my eyes for a bit. The only person I could ever worry about in this world is Nari, or Felix...since his father died I had to take care of him. He's like a stray cat in my opinion, he comes and goes whenever he wants giving no care. He's just hiding behind me so I could feed him when he's hungry. My eyes slowly became heavier as I felt myself drift away, I was suddenly interrupted by a loud sound of glass shattering. "SHIT!" I heard a yell from downstairs.

Nari's POV

I fell asleep but woke up hours later noticing that the bedroom door was slightly open, maybe Chan had opened it. I stood up and wondered off into the hall. I looked around but I couldn't hear a thing, maybe Chan wasn't home. I walked down the stairs and into the living room, there was a familiar scent coming from the living room. I turned to the right and was standing in front of a fireplace, the smell I smelt was burning wood. I felt my world flip and I lost my balance. I fell into a table trying to hold myself up but pushed a vase by accident. "SHIT." I tried picking it up but a small shard pierced through my hand causing blood to stream down my small hands. I fell to the ground as a sudden flashback of blood, screams, and the feeling of flames against my skin hit me. "Nonono." I slapped myself with my bloody hand trying to stop the memories from flooding in but it wouldn't stop, "STOPPPP PLEASE STOP!" I fell to the ground sobbing. I crawled away from the fireplace hiding myself behind a red couch. I held my knees up to my chest and silently sobbed, hugging my legs. I could feel myself shaking, my body felt so weak as if I couldn't control it. My vision was too blurry, I tried to wipe my tears away but the got replaced by new ones within seconds.

"Nari!? Is that you?" That voice, I wanted to run to him, but my legs felt too heavy, I wasn't able to pull myself up. 'I'm here' the words were falling through my mouth, nothing but whispered came out. "NARI!" Chan round his was to me and I looked up at him with my red puffy eyes. "I'm sorry." Was all that came out of his mouth and he fell into me wrapping me in his embrace once more. I tucked my head into his chest and sobbed, he stroked his hands through my hair trying to calm me down but my heart was beating at an unreasonable pace. As I calmed down I felt his heart beat fall in sync with mine, his light humming as I heard the clock ticking. I leaned my right cheek against his hard chest and wrapped my arms around his arm. I noticed the small little cuts and scars on his arm, a bunch of them seemed like stab wounds.

"The world isn't always a happy place." He lifted my bloody hand and intertwined his fingers with mine, "the pain is a one time feeling, but the scars stay forever, so you have to put meaning into them." He placed a kiss on the back of my hand and smiled. "This scar on your hand will stay as a memory of me comforting you through your worst time." His voice was so calm. It's been a while since I've heard his calm soothing voice.

"I don't get it." I sniffled mid sentence. "Just remember, don't be afraid of me. Even if I'm a monster I won't hurt you." He kissed my forehead and softly picked me up taking me back upstairs. "Let me treat that wound." He gave me a faint smile and headed back into my room, placing me on my bed as he went to the bathroom to grab a few supplies. He seems like a normal human, I just want to be wrapped in his embrace forever, but things are different in my world.

"Alright this'll hurt but you need to take it in." He leaned down and wrapped my hand with a thick bandage. "Thank you." I whispered as I took a look at my hand.

I just want to go back to living a life with no regret.

"It's no big deal really, just be more careful." He leaned back and let out a big sigh. "So what was all of that about?" Chan lifted my chin up to face him and wiped a tear from my cheek with his thumb. "I had flashbacks from the past that I can't even remember, I don't have the courage to remember everything because I know I can't take it all in. But all I do remember is that I'm afraid of flames...any kind. They cause panic attacks whenever I'm near one." I placed my face in my hands and let out a sigh. "My heart just hurts." I plopped down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Suddenly Chan blocked my view with a concerned look. "Just stay here for a bit, you're on break for a while right? I feel like the cops are onto me and they thing you're related to me in some way.." his face came closer to mine and I felt his breath brush against my lips. "Now let's grab dinner shall we?" He smirked, pulling me up.

After dinner I walked around the house, it was gigantic. I suddenly found a small hallway that lead me down. Maybe it lead to the basement, I took a step forward until Chan's arm blocked me.

"Where do you think you're going princess?" He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, "I'm just exploring." I waved my hands around a bit nervous. What was he hiding down there?

"Go anywhere but there, alright?" He pecked my cheek and walked off.

What are you hiding Christopher