40

Fallen

Fallen

+ 2 Years Later

Nari's POV

"Good morning asshole."
I woke up to the bird chirping along with Hyunjin. What a wonderful sight to wake up to.

"I'm wonderful indeed." Hyunjin leaned against the door frame as he watched Felix enter the room placing kisses on my lips. "Gross." He gagged.

Hyunjin was annoying but I got used to it, he wasn't real, he was just apart of my hallucinations. I guess that's how my life is. But honestly it felt nice, we moved back into our mansion in the city, everything was perfect. Jisung was still in a coma though...the doctors said he was getting better, he had woken up once saying he spoke with Chan, but the doctors said it was his imagination. He knocked out seconds later. Felix and I grew up fine, sometimes I found myself sitting on the rooftop watching planes as they fly buy with their flickering lights. They seemed like stars from afar. The breeze howling my name as I sat down...it was as if I was waiting for someone.

Dumb thought.

"What do you want to do today?" Felix hummed in my chest as he cuddled up next to me, "I'm not sure." I shrugged. "Let's see what's on the TV today." I flipped through the channels coming across a news channel. "What's this?" Felix sat up and snatched the remote out of my hand.

There was a man sitting formally as he spoke in front of the camera, "ladies and gentlemen, the government had concluded that the serial killer who had been caught about 3 years ago has died. His name goes by Christopher Bang. His family knowledge is unknown, he is...was the worlds most wanted criminal. It's a shame he had to die so quick. I guess life doesn't last for all of us huh?" He broke into a joke. A fucking joke. I grabbed the remote out of Felix's hand and threw it across the room once I turned the TV off. "Bullshit." I yelled.

"I guess he's died as well." Hyunjin couldn't help but laugh. "What's so amusing?" I asked as I pulled a black hood over me. "Nothing. You're so helpless it amuses me." He giggled. I put my shoes on and walked towards the exit. "Where are you going?" Felix asked, holding onto my arm. "I just need some air." I smiled. "I know he'd dead but don't be too hard on yourself alright?" Felix looked away from me and pulled me into a hug without anymore words. "Do you love me?" He asked.
"I don't know. I don't know how it feels anymore." I sighed pulling away from his hug. "I get it. It's alright, we have others around us...maybe we'll grow closer somehow, have fun out!" Felix passed me a smile and walked away. I knew he was hurting as well. I couldn't love him the way he deserves to be loved; he deserves the world. I can't give him the world because I don't even know if I belong to this one.

✧     ✧    ✧     ✧

Night had come.

Nothing but me and the city lights, walking past the empty streets. I made my way up a building.
A large one in fact.
The view was amazing, maybe my thoughts could drift away if I'm someplace higher than I'm supposed to be.

I took an elevator to the top floor of a 25 floor building. The roof top door was locked but I managed to break past the lock. Thanks to Felix and his skills he taught me how to pick them.

I made my way passed the wind and sat down at the edge, "what will you do now?" Hyunjin quietly asked as he looked down, "I don't know." I responded. The winds howled.

Maybe I was just a deer, a lost one in fact.

A deer without an actual purpose, the wolf had left my side, so had the others. The deer is alone now. It feels nothing but helplessness. No motivation.

Nothing chasing after me anymore, no Lone wolf, no killer, the deer has no purpose.

I'm the deer.

I held my Bambi necklace against my chest as I stood up at the edge of the building. "Nari whatever you're thinking. Get down." Hyunjin was a bit held back, he seemed afraid. "Even I'm not afraid." I laughed as I walked on the edge.

"It's time to let the deer fall along with its wolf." I smiled. For the first time it was genuine. I meant it. I felt some kind of euphoria.

"Goodbye Hwang." I smiled as I let my worries free, no regrets. Jisung will wake up one day. He won't have to worry about me, for all I know he'll wake up to forgetting my existence.

Chan has fallen.

So I fall down.

Alongside the lone wolf who never actually had his happy ending.

"NARI NO!" Hyunjin yelled as he tried to grab my hand, I reached out for his as I fell back, watching the sky spin as I fell.

He tried to grab my hand but he couldn't.

"You're fake silly, you can't save me, neither can Felix...nor can Chan." I lost it.

"See Hyunjin, the last petal of my withering rose has fallen."

I fell as the wind hummed.

The cool breeze.

That's where my life ended.

On a cold spring night, on the roof top for god
knows where.

This is where my story ends.