01

Nari's POV

Nari's POV

Highschool sucks ass, you have to go every single day and learn the most unnecessary things that you might not even use in the future. Screw algebra.

I'm Kim Nari, and I'm the new transfer student at Silverwood High, it was an odd name for the school but it had a nice ring to it. I live alone with my brother. Just the two of us, ever since my parents got into a car accident. It was really rough for my brother though, since he found out before me, and didn't tell me for a few days because I had my exams. He doesn't deserve this, he works his ass off every day, every night just to place food in front of us on the dinner table.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

This morning I woke up to a bright light little flashing in front of me, I knew it wasn't the sun, because it was hitting my eyes. "What the hell are you doing." I groaned pushing the flashlight of my brothers phone away. "Oh. Sorry I thought you died." He mumbled sitting up. "Why would you thjng that?" I sat up and crossing my arms. "Your alarm went off and you didn't wake up so I tried waking you up, but of course you were still asleep." He laughed pulling me up, "wake up, you're almost late." He handed me my phone and I took a quick look at it and screamed. "SHIT ITS 8:45 AM!! SCHOOL STARTS AT 9!" I jumped up and quickly got ready, of course I kicked my brother's dumbass out first.

I grabbed my bag and ran out the house, "you're forgetting breakfast." He yelled from the kitchen, "I'll eat lunch don't worry! Bye!" I yelled back and quickly dashed out to the streets. It was odd though even though we bought a nice house, a nice big house, but the streets are always quiet, it's rare for someone to be walking in the streets, even cars. No one ever leaves their houses. I walked to school, hearing nothing but the wind and the leaves crunching beneath my feet. My headphone playing call music, and honestly the city was kind of nice, it was cleaner, strange and quiet.

*Ring*

I heard the school bells ring and I quickly ran into the school, students rushed passed me to their classes. I was a bit lost but finally found my way to my first class, Geography. I walked in and everyone sent me a glare, "must be the new kid." Someone whispered. "Hello! You must be Kim Nari, please say hello to your new class." He teacher tapped my shoulder and pointed towards the back of the classroom, thank god it was beside a window. Geography was easy, I don't even have to pay attention to pass with a high mark. but...I need a pencil, where did that stupid pencil go. "Hey you must be Nari, I'm Soyeon." She smiled reaching her hand for mind. I shook her soft hand and she passed me a pencil, "you seem like you needed one." She was really kind, I wouldn't mind letting her stick by me throughout the year.

It was finally lunch, the classes were exhausting, I bought a wrap and some chocolate milk along with it, and sat down on an empty table, moments later Soyeon sat down in front of me with a big slice of pizza. "Why are you all alone?" She asked tilting her head. "I don't really know anyone here." I chuckled and bit into my wrap. "Well you have me now, and I should give you a quick note, since you recently moved here." She sighed and leaned forward. "The thing about this city is that we have our own serial killer on the loose." Her tone got serious and her smile dropped, the look on her face definitely meant  she wasn't joking. "No one really knows why he or she does it, or what their pattern is, all we know is that they kill whenever they want. And where ever...plus he kills in a weird animal mask" Once she finished talking she pulled away and took a bite from her pizza slice. "How bad are these so called killings?" I asked. "Pretty bad, mmm, a girl was found cut in pieces before." She continued to munch down on her food as if it was nothing. "I guess that's why my street is so quiet." I awkwardly said quickly finishing up my chocolate milk. "Wait wait wait, don't tell me you live on queen's street, that's the most dangerous spot in the city, that's why no one goes there." She stood up from her seat and panicked. "It's fine, I like the way it's silent." I smiled and stood up as well, "I gotta go to my class soon, but I'll see you later!" I handed her my phone number which I wrote earlier on a small ripped piece of paper. "I'll make sure to send you a text!" She smiled and walked away. Soyeon is a nice girl, I could learn a lot from her.

*after school*

I looked around for Soyeon but she was nowhere to be found, maybe she went straight home. I grabbed my things from my locker and headed out, as usual no one was heading my way, I chose to walk through an alley way, since it would take me home faster. I plugged in my headphones and continued to walk on the dark alley. As I walked I suddenly felt myself bump into a hard figure. I pulled my headphones out and took a quick glance at him, he was wearing a black mask to cover his mouth, "sorry." I said looking up at him with no emotions. He sent me an eye smile but his eyes said something else, "it's no problem." He says and walked away. "What an odd man." I mumbled to myself. When I turned back there was someone talking to that man. I ignored it and continued to walk home.

I should feel too paranoid.