02

Nari's POV

Nari's POV

I entered my house and found my brother watching tv on the sofa, "hey Nari! Look what came on the tv!" He yelled and I rushed to the living room to see what was up.

He had the news channel on and what I saw next, made my heart drop.

"Young man around his 20's wearing a black mask had been stabbed multiple times in an alley way near queens street, the man had his arm sliced off and was left 2 blocks away from where the body was found, the body of the young man was identified to have light brown hair and dim brown eyes the look on his face was terrifying." The reporter said and I quickly took the tv remote and changed the channel. "What happened?" My brother asked looking at me a bit concerned, "I'm just a bit tired that's all, you should get some rest too Jisung, it's been a long week for you, you've been working all week and you finally got a day off, please rest." I smacked the back of his head and walked upstairs to my bedroom. I quickly pulled out my laptop and started researching on the serial killer. There was a man talking to the 20 year old who had died, they didn't seem to be older than 21 they were pretty young.

I suddenly got a flashback.

When I was walking through the alley, I turned back but couldn't see properly since it was dark, what I did notice was that the man stared at me, it was more like a glare. Plus he was wearing something that seemed to be a mask. It couldn't be...

I brushed the negative thoughts away and climbed into bed, I just want to sleep today.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

The next morning was a bit different though, everyone in school was talking about the new party happening at this guy named Hyunjin's place, that name seemed familiar. Wonder who he is, because he sounds like a total snob. I didn't see him but everyone was talking as if he was a prince, even Soyeon. "Nari!!!!! Can you please please pleaseeeeee come with me to the party!?" She begged hugging onto my arm. "I don't know, there was just a killing the other day." I sighed shaking my head. "Don't worry, Hyunjin's party's are the best plus he lives away from queen's street, his whole block is safe!" She hopped up and down. "Come Nari! It'll be fun!" She pleaded. "Alright. I'll just let my brother know before I head out." I smiled and sent him a quick text.

Damn I didn't think it would be that easy to convince him to let me leave

"Damn your brothers kinda hot." Soyeon hovered over me and glared at his profile picture, I think I've seen him around down town a few times. He walks passed the café I work at all the time. "Don't tell me you hit on him." I rolled my eyes and she smacked my shoulder, "of course not, I was at work." She looked at me and I sent here a quick glare before we both bursted out laughing. It was nice having someone like this by my side. It's been a while since someone made me feel this way.

*after school*

"Nari, don't forget. A few people are gonna be wearing masks for the fun of it, bring one if you want." Soyeon said before he drove away in her car. Maybe I could get a car, walking back home is a pain, plus it's dangerous.

Once I got home I picked some clothes to wear, just a simple white T-shirt tucked into my black jeans. I wrote the necklace my mother had given me as well, it matched my outfit. I looked in my closet, I know I have a mask in here somewhere, I've always kept my old Halloween costumes together. After a few minutes of digging I came across my bunny mask, it was cracked but kind of suited the theme. I remember wearing it to a middle school ball. Those were the fun years. I placed the back over my head and walked out. "Hey, it's been a while since I've seen you wear that." Jisung said poking into one of the eye holes of my mask. "You're gonna poke my eye out dumbass." I pushed his hand away and walked out but he ran after me grabbing my wrist. "Nari I know it's dangerous, please be careful. If anything bad happens I'll come to pick you up." He demanded. He noticed his grip was tight so he quickly let go. "Alright bye Jisung!" I waved goodbye and ran down the street, Soyeon has said she'd park at the end and pick me up.

I get Jisung's just looking out for me but the amount of times he gets worried makes he feel bad for him, he's traumatized. He never lets me go without a goodbye, since he let my parents go without one. He got into a big fight with them and they were already in a hurry...and that was the day they. Died..

I continued to walk down the path until someone ran towards me, seemed like he was running from the alley way. "Im so sorry miss." He bowed and apologized as he continued to run. Moments later another man walked up behind me, bumping into me really hard. "Owe." I squealed as I turned back. "I'm sorry about that." He said in a charming voice, wow, his voice was deep but not too deep. "Oh. You must be going to Hyunjin's party." He said pointing at my mask. "Yeah, you too huh?" I laughed pointing as his cute kangaroo mask. "That's a cute mask you got there." I smiled and he let out another laugh, "I must say the same thing for you too miss...?" He waited for me to finish his sentence, "Nari, Kim Nari. What about you?" I asked. "Well the names-"

A sudden honk interrupted us, I turned around and found Soyeon in her car waiting for me to hop in. "I'm sorry about that, but let's talk more at the party." I said and he simply nodded. I couldn't really tell apart his features but I was able to see his smile, and his cute eye smile as he laughed.

"Who was that?" Soyeon asked with a smirk growing on her face.

"I don't really know, he was about to introduce himself, but SOMEONE, interrupted us." I huffed.

"Don't worry we'll see him at the party won't we? He is wearing a mask after all." She elbowed me with another smirk.

"Nothings going to happen, he's just some random dude I came across in the streets." I sighed, watching the trees go by as the car drove faster.

"The least expected always happens in this city Nari." Soyeon smiled as she continued to drive off to the party.