𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

Start from the beginning

"I'm so incredibly proud of you two," Clara's mother states, smiling sadly as she pulled away. The blonde wondered where this sudden statement came from, but she liked it, so she figured she better be quiet or else she'd ruin the moment. "You have grown into beautiful, young adults. Your father would be so proud."

"Thanks mom," Clara grinned, backing away a few steps from the closeness. "So you're not mad Tyler burned my cookies?"

"Oh for the love of—"

"—It's okay!" Clara's mother waved off, cutting off Tyler before he said something that would spark another argument. "We can go buy some and say we baked them."

"Good idea."

•••

"Elena, hey. Is everything okay?"

Clara shut her school locker as she glanced over her golden locks to spot Elena walking down the hallway, where a cute dress and cardigan with her hair unusually in a bun. Clara waves hello with her infamous bright smile, and immediately Elena returned in.

"Yeah," Elena responds when she was close enough for everyone to hear. "Why wouldn't it be?"

Clara adjusted herself so she was now leaning against her locker with folded arms as she listened in on Bonnie, "Caroline told me you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy."

"Matt's at the house staying with him right now to make sure..." Elena glances around the hallway, making sure no untrusting ears were around. "...he keeps all of his hunter stuff in control. He's okay."

"But are you? Clearly they don't have a flatiron at Hotel Salvatore."

Clara sent Caroline a look that said, really? As she shook her head at the comment, "I think you look great, Elena."

"Thanks, Lara," Elena replied, raising her hands as she fixed her hair to pull it out of the bun. "I was in a rush. I mean, look, do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk."

"Kol and I were gonna see a movie, but I'd definitely cancel for you guys," Clara stated, earning one of Caroline's judgey looks, but she simply ignored it waiting for everyone else's response.

"Oh, so are you two a thing now?" Caroline asked, folding her arms with a bit of attitude.

Clara sucked in a deep breath as she held back the need to roll her eyes, knowing it'd only make Caroline worse. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Wow."

"Wow what, Caroline? I'm sorry, is there something you want—"

"—I'm in," Bonnie interrupted the feisty blonde before she had a chance to finish her rambling. "Shane taught me some small spells I've been wanting to try."

"Oh. Creepy professor guy is just Shane now?" Caroline quipped, and Clara was practically going to bite through her tongue holding back a choice amount of words.

"He's... He's not creepy!" Bonnie argued, so Elena and Clara started chuckling a bit.

"We're not judging."