LIZ ALLEN

Do you know what the worst part of falling in love with your best friend is? When he doesn't love you back. 

When after 12 years of knowing him, and all the memories together, all he see's you as, is a friend. When he cares for another girl more than you. And knowing that he would pick her over you any day, that was what hurt the most.

You had known Peter Parker for 12 years. When you first met in Kindergarten, Peter was alone on the swings, and you, being the bubbly and outgoing person you were, went and talked to him. At first, Peter was shy, barely talking, avoiding eye contact, but after a few days, he loosened up. Together, the both of you and Ned, would find yourself studying, eating, watching Star Wars druelling over the Avengers. 

Over the years, Peter Parker, your best friend, soon morphed into something more. Your love. The love of your life. And it pained you. Too sit next to him and Ned during break and class, only to deal with him talking about how amazing his girlfriend is. The thing about Liz Allen, was not just that she had the eyes of all the boys, but because she was perfect. And it was because of that, that you couldn't find a way to hate her. She was nice, she was smart, she was an all rounder, and she was exactly the type of person that Peter deserved.

But you still couldn't stop your heart from slowly breaking whenever they were together. 

-----

It was almost the end of semester, and slowly exams and SAC's inched closer. Load after load of homework. Night after night of endless studying. Hour after hour of highlighting, writing and annotating. All came down to this week...

Your eyes no doubt had massive, bruised bags underneath them, you had given up on your contacts, instead wearing your black wide rimmed glasses. Your hair was placed in a massive messy bun, and a pencil neatly lodged in too keep it in place. You were hidden completely behind a completely over sized jumper and sweats. 

You had just had your physics assessment. And there was no doubt you were drained. Your next exam was tomorrow, and before going home, only to put your nose in a bunch of books you decided to meet up quickly with Peter and Ned. 

Hurriedly, you placed all your books into your locker, and slammed it shut. Placing your bag over your shoulder, you made your way to the cafeteria. As you walked in Ned instantly stood up and screamed Y/N. You let out a big smile. Typical Ned he was always so sweet and innocent. You skipped over to him, giving him a quick side hug and sitting down next to him. 

"Hey Ned, how was your Philosophy exam?" you asked him. Even he looked drain, as did all the Year 12's. After all, exam period was stressful. 

"Ye, it was all good Y/N, although i'm pretty sure I failed." He said dejectedly. 

"Oh be quiet! Your legit one of the smartest people I know Ned," you say, with your eye brows raised. Something you always did when you were stating a fact.

Before you know it, you and Ned were stuffing your faces, whilst talking about the most random things. Such as how Tiffany was only dating Flash for the money. How Grant was stupid for dumping Cassidy in the latest episode of Love island. To how you wanted Mike and Eleven to get back together in Stranger Things. 

Before you knew it, Peter walked in holding hands with Liz. He beamed over at you, with happiness, and as much as you tried to give him a reaffirming smile, you were sure it appeared as more of a grimace. 

"Y/N! Ned!" He said, whilst sitting in front of you, and Liz sitting directly in front of Ned. 

You went tense next to Ned, who noticed you were uncomfortable, and started conversing between Peter and Liz. You loved Ned and was forever grateful for him, Ned was the only person who knew you were in love with Peter. And he had kept your secret, and even thought you and Peter were more compatible than him and Liz. But still who was he to tell Peter that?

Liz was smiling and laughing while talking to Ned, while you looked anywhere but at her and Peter. When you realized, you had not even heard Peter utter another word. Hesitantly, you glanced up at Peter, who was already gazing deeply at you. His brow furrowed, something he always did when he was deep in thought. 

Your eyes instantly widened as he looked up at you, before you looked away. Your knee was bouncing under the table, as you sat there. There was a tension growing in the group. After all, Ned and Liz were the only ones talking. 

You were constantly wiping your palms on your trackies from how much they were sweating, and you were suddenly really thirsty. 

Hastily, you stood up abruptly, your back around your shoulder, "ugh... I just realized I have to see Mr. Clarke before my Chemistry SAC, I better go." Your voice came out hoarse, before you ran out of the cafeteria. 

You barely got to the girls toilet,when you felt a hand on your shoulder. Instantly, you turned around, before jumping back at the sight of Peter in front of you. You had never realized how much he had changed over the months. He had grown taller, gained more muscular, and became more handsome. And it made you nervous. 

His large hands easily wrapped around your wrists, holding you in place; "What's wrong Y/N?" He asked, his voice two octave deeper, and you knew he was being down right serious. 

"W-what? Nothing, i'm fine." You tried to sound sure and certain, but your voice kept cracking. 

"Y/N, stop lying to me, I've known you for so many years, just tell me!" His voice got slightly louder, and was laced with a tinge of annoyance. 

You yanked yourself out of his grip, before walking off. "I told you already Peter. I am fine." As you try to walk away, he jumps in front of you blocking your path. You bite your lip to stop yourself from screaming at Peter, for hurting you. For picking someone else over you. 

"Please Y/N..." He practically begs, and you can hear the pain behind his voice. "Your my best-friend, I love you, and I need you, just tell me if something is bothering you."

Your heart jumps. He loves you? He needs you? But then you realize his only saying that because friends would naturally feel that way about one another. And suddenly, you are like a stick of dynamite, and your fuse was running out. 

"That's the thing Pete. Gosh for someone so "smart," you are probably as blind as a bat. We are best friends, but I am in love with you! And I have been in love with you since 9th grade! And gosh it fucking hurts me to see you with Liz every single day. To see you hug her, hold her hand, kiss her, when I wish it was me instead."

Peter's mouth is wide, and his eyes wide. 

"I thought that you know maybe you could pick up on all the tiny clues, but I guess I was wrong, because over the last 3 years, I have wasted my time on you. When I should have learnt to move on. And found someone else, because we were always d-destined to be friends." You say. Your voice cracking towards the end, as tears pool in your eyes. 

Peter's eyes widen at your words, tears pooling in his eyes. It hurt him. To know that had hurt you so bad, but it hurt even more knowing that he had wasted three years dating the wrong girl, instead of the one he was truly in love with... Slowly he glimpsed back up at you, ready to tell you, to tell his best friend, the girl he was in love with since 6th grade, that he was actually in love with her. Not Liz. But you were gone. And the sound of the main door, banging shut was the only sound echoing through the halls. 

---

WORDS; 1390

I actually kinda like this one, its not edited. 

OMG SO MY EXAMS ARE COMING UP AND I LEGIT SUCK AT EVERYTHING AND I CANT BE BOTHERED WORKING LIKE ANYWAYS ON A BETTER NOTE (for me atleast) THE HOLIDAYS START IN FIVE WEEKS WHICH IS SO GOOD, BUT LIKE YOU KNOW EXAMS KINDA SUCK. BUT STIL :/. WHICH TECHNICALLY MEANS WE ARE HALF WAY INTO TERM 3 ALREADY. WOW HOW FAST HAS THIS YEAR GONE. BUT LEGIT 5 WEEKS IS LONIG WHEN YOU THINKS ITS LIKE A MONTH AND I HALF, AND THATS SAD. BUT TERM 4 IS LIKE GOOD BECAUSE I MEAN AFTER THATS ITS THE SUMMER BREAK.

ANYWAYS SORRY FOR THE LITTLE RANT

TIMTAMLUBBER❤❤❤💦💦💦