FUTURE

You always remembered adults telling you life was short. That in a matter of seconds decades would have passed by at the speed of light, and you wouldn't be able to notice. You never took them seriously, I mean you were 17 years old, and with the struggles of school, living up to expectations and balancing a social life, it felt like you life was dragging by at the speed of a snail. But you weren't complaining, you had everything you could ever wish for... 

You had incredible loving parents, the cutest most fluffiest dog that would sleep at the bottom of your feet when you stayed up all night studying, and you had your friends. Well you had 3. 

MJ, the most down to Earth one, always spoke her mind, and loved books. Together during sleepovers you guys would always end up talking about the tragic stories of Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.

Ned, was the caring one. The one who was there to give you the biggest and best hugs when you were in a bad mood. He was often teased between the group about his inability to keep secrets. He was like the mum of the group, looking after the three of you, and making sure you didn't get in to trouble. 

And then there was Peter. Peter Parker. Your best friend since diapers. Your crush. You loved Peter, every little thing about him was amazing. From the soft brown blob of curls on his head, to his chocolate brown eyes that gave you the impression of a puppy's pleading eyes. 

After years of knowing you guys, you would have liked to say that Peter was the one who told you and MJ, that he in fact was Spider-man, but to your disappointment it was Ned infact who accidentally blabbered it out. You and MJ were mad, but you were mostly hurt and felt betrayed. You and Peter had known each other for over a decade and he still kept secrets from you. But after Peter swung by and told him his side of the story, you understood why he did what he did.

Together, the 4 of you were the unstoppable quartet. The fantastic four. The Mikey to the Donnie to the Raph to the Leo. And all was well.

Your days were full of laughs, memories, drama and fun, and you loved it. 

It wasn't too long after that, when Peter asked you out. You didn't expect it. You had always thought Peter would go for someone prettier, sportier and smarter.  Someone who was better than you. Someone like Liz Allen, who had all the boys swooning at her feet. But after assuring you, and admitting to you that he had been crushing on you since 8th grade, you found yourself saying yes.

As cliche as it was, you were the cliche couple. The cute try hard couple, that everyone pretended to find cringey, but were internally 'awing.' On a typical day, it was always Ned and MJ, who fake gagged around you, or said teasing remarks, but you knew they were joking. They were probably your number one fans. Putting you guys on their stories, teasing you guys when one of you guys weren't present. And you loved your life. Your wonderful boyfriend, Peter. Your wonderful friends, and you couldn't possibly have wished for anything more.

-------

You loved Peter with all of your heart. Catching is chocolate brown eyes always made your heart flutter, and to this day whenever you felt his soft yet rough hand holding yours, you heat fill your cheeks. There was no doubt that you were completely in love with Peter, but it pained you to see him come back from his nightly patrol, bruises from purple to green coloring his body. Scars still embedded to his porcelain skin, and scarlet blood often lingering on his wounds. It hurt to see someone you cared for so much get hurt, and it scared you thinking of Peter not returning one day. 

So you decided to talk to him, to tell him to take a little break from his nightly rendezvous...

You could hear his light sniffles as his back was facing you, trying to cover his tears from you. You knew he was in pain, after a solid hour you had managed to clean and dress all his wounds, but you didn't know that he was this hurt.