OVER PROTECTIVE (unedited)

Pete was your everything. Your best friend, your first crush, the one who you would go to when you were sad. You couldn't imagine a life without Peter Parker. You had fallen in love with Peter in eighth grade. No body knew, except for Ned and MJ, your other best friends. And it hurt, seeing your crush swoon over someone else. Liz Allen. The girl who could make all the guys fall to her feet. There was no doubt she was perfect. She was smart, sport, pretty. She was perfect. Perfect for Peter. And so after time your feelings for Peter changed. You still loved him, but as you moved on, your feelings started developing for someone else.

Flash Thompson. Peter's enemy, his bully, the one who had hurt Peter, tormented him for years. You didn't mean to get feelings for Flash. But underneath all the harshness, aggressive and rude demeanor, Flash was a softy. At least towards you. You had met in your English literature class. The only class that you didn't share with any of your friends or Peter. Slowly, the two of you got closer. To the point where he would tease you constantly during class. Tickle your sides when you were sad. Bring you your morning coffee. And give you his jacket when you were cold. Soon enough you found Flash picking on Peter less and less. And for the rare occasions where he would tease Pete, he often sent you one of his smiles seconds afterwards when everyones back was turned.

Soon enough your feelings for Peter started fading. You still loved him more than a friend, but not as much as you appreciated Flash. 

Peter could sense your change of attitude over the months. Often he would catch you and Flash smiling at each other from a distance. He caught you gazing of at him during your lunch breaks, when everyone else was conversing about their Chemistry class, which you weren't in. He saw him tease you as you walked out of the class' you had together. 

Now Peter was never the one to be jealous, but after seeing the signals you were giving Flash he could feel a tinge in his heart. Like anger, jealousy or hurt. Angry that you were falling for Flash, the person who tormented him for years. Jealous that his childhood best friend of years was slowly drifting away from him. But most of all Peter was hurt. Hurt that the girl he was slowly starting to crush on, was forgetting about him. 

Slowly Peter grasped you hand, you glanced up at him your brows furrowed with confusion. The feeling of his hand on yours made heat rise up to your cheeks, and the hairs on the nape of your neck stand up right. He gave you a small smile, but after years of knowing Peter Parker, you knew there was something on his mind. Slowly,  he dragged you away from the cafeteria and together you made your way to the locker area.

"So Y/N..." You could hear the nervousness laced in his voice, as he scratched the back of his head. "Um, so I've noticed you've been a little out of the blues lately, and I wanted to ask you if there was a-anythinig bothering you?" You felt your heart rate fasten, and your mouth felt as dry as a desert. 

"No- fine-what?" Your words came out jumbled, as your brain trieed to comprehend the question that just left his mouth. Could Peter have known about your feelings for Flash? 

Peter's eyes widened at your bewildered state. 

"I mean, like is there a certain boy, your interested in, or are you d-dating someone?" You felt like you had just been run over by a train. Pete couldn't find out about your feelings for Flash. They hated each other. And you could never be able to pick between two boys that you loved so much...

Suddenly you let out a fake chuckle, something you did when you were lying. And Pete knew that. He looked at you. Really looked at you, deep into your eyes, like he was looking deep into your soul.

"Pete! Don't be dumb. Now I have to go to my Biology lesson with Ms. Griffiths, so I better hurry. See you Pete!" Your voice was abnormally high, as you hugged Peter and practically ran to your next class.