𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

Start from the beginning

Then, something else caught Clara's attention, seemingly around the same time every other vampire in the room did. Her breathing hitched, and she swallowed so harshly Kol heard it beside her.

"Blood." Clara stated, the only word that was able to come out of her now dry mouth. She switched from staring at the mumbling Elena at the podium to Kol next to her, and he squeezed her hand firmly as she studied her. She felt the grey faint lines appearing under her eyes, and her fangs were tugging at her gums, begging to be released.

"Nobody move. Don't turn around, it's a trap."

Clara heard Damon mutter right beside her, and she was struggling to keep everything down. In the row of people, it was Jeremy at the end, followed by Matt, Elena, Stefan, Kol, Clara, and lastly Damon.

The blonde heard a pastor talk at the podium, and she hadn't even realized that Elena had climbed down from in front of everyone to a few people down the line. She was so focused on the blood, the smell lingering so strongly in her nostrils.

Elena and Stefan exchange words, mostly just the blonde boy convincing the brown eyed girl that everything was going to be okay. All she needed to do was focus on anything else than the smell filling the room.

"Clara, love, your fangs," Kol spoke beside her, and Clara immediately hid her head into his chest as she knew her vampire side was fully showing. She blinked several times, trying to get her veins and bloodshot eyes to fade. "It's okay, it's okay, just focus on my breathing."

"Princess, are you okay?"

Kol rose his head to glare harshly at the raven haired boy for calling his girl princess, and then he removed it just as soon as he realized he said his girl in his head. But now wasn't the time he needed to linger on it, so he went back to placing his head on top of the blondes while wrapping his warm arms around her shoulders — rubbing her back with his right hand.

"I'm gonna go rip his head off now," Damon says angrily as he saw his best friend struggling to keep it all together.

Clara was losing it, she didn't know how much longer she could just sit there and not at least look around to see who it was or where it was coming from.

"You do that, and you risk exposing all of us," Stefan argues, burying Elena's head even further into his chest.

"I think the risk will be slightly diminished when I, you know, rip his head off," Damon replies. "You have 10 seconds before I go old-fashioned on the new guy."

When Clara grazed her tongue along her gums and teeth she still felt her fangs protruding, and all she wanted to do was run straight out of the church and never look back. Either that, or find out where the blood was coming from so she could rip the person throat out.

"Don't do it, Damon, please," Stefan pleaded, looking towards his brother for only a second with a begging look in his eyes.

"Three, two, one, bye—"

"—Wait, wait, wait. Elena, feed from me," Clara eyes went wide and that seemed to distract her enough that her fangs disappeared. "It's okay, everyone will think you're upset. Just feed from me."

Elena switches from being held by Stefan to Matt, and she latches her fangs into his neck in a way where it did indeed look as if the boy was just comforting her.