Chapter13-fighting

Elana's P.O.V.

We're in the control center right know. Carl is with Lori. Sophia is with Mama so I'm sorta just in the back alone while Jenner shows us a video of how you turn. It was test subject 19. The person was dead. The brain is blue then starts to turn more and more red as the seconds pass. Soon the dead person starts to move. A loud boom goes off and a bullet rips through the brain. I gasp as my hands fly over my eyes. "Elana." Carl says and runs over to me. He hugs me and kisses my temple. "It's okay." Carl says and I nod. "Why is the clock counting down?" Dale asks as Carl nuzzles his head in my neck. "It's when the generators run out of fuel." Jenner says and I wrap my arms around Carl. "What happens then?" I ask and Carl looks at Jenner. "The air catches on fire and this place explodes." Jenner says calmly.Carl's grip around my waist hardens and he tenses up. "W-What?" I ask and pull out of Carl's grasp. Jenner locks the control center with us in it. "Elana." Carl says and I walk away from him and towards the doors. "Let us out! You can't do this!" I yell and bang on the door. "Elana stop!" Daryl says and picks me up. He throws me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I yell and Daryl puts me down in a corner. "Let us deal with this." Daryl says and I nod. I sit down in the corner of the room and hear Shane and Daryl yelling at Jenner. Carl was looking at me but I wasn't looking at him.He walks over and sits down next to me. "What are you thinking?" Carl asks and scoots closer to me. I scoot away "Nothing." I say and Carl frowns "Whats wrong? Please tell me." Carl says and puts his hand on my leg. I push it off "I just don't want you next to me or touching me so get away!" I snap and Carl frowns more then scoots away. "Oh.... then ill go." Carl says and stands up. Why the hell did I do that? Stop being bitchy Elana! "Carl! Im sorry I'm just stressed and tired and aggravated." I say and Carl just stands there "Please." I beg and he sits back down besides me. I curl up into his side and sigh "Why is life so stressful?" I ask and Carl hugs my waist "I have no clue." he says "Everyone get your stuff!" Rick yells and I stand up, so does Carl. We run up stairs and get our stuff. I don't know how Rick did it but Jenner is gonna let us leave. I grab my stuff and so does Carl. I meet my mom down stairs with Sophia. "Go get in the car." Mama says and we ran to the car. sophia in the front with Lori and Rick. Me, Carl and Mama in the back with me in the middle.As we started to five away the C.D.C. blew up. "Why did he want to die?" Carl asks. "Sometimes life gets to hard and you just want it to end.Trust me I know from personal experience." I say plainly and Carl frowns. "Stop." Carl says and I look at him. "It's the truth Carl! You know it!" I say and Carl looks at me and grits his teeth "i said stop it!" he says more sternly lost yelling and I roll my eyes. "You stop denying it!" I say and Lori looks at us. "You both stop it! You know you love each other so just stop fighting!" Lori says and I cross my arms over my chest. "It's the truth! You think it's easy living a horrible life were you want to die every second of your life?" I yell and Carl looks at me "I know it's not easy Elana! I see how hard it is for you and I'm sorry it's so hard okay!" Carl yells and I look away. "I wanna switch spots with Sophia." I say as Carl stairs at me. "Why?" he asks as if our little argument that happened just seconds ago never happened!"Are you clueless?" I ask angrily "I don't want to be next to you right know! I love you but I don't wanna be next to you!" I say and Rick stops the car. "Then get in the front because I'm tired of you two fighting!" Rick says "Thank you!" I say. Me and Sophia switch spots. After a few minutes Lori breaks the silence."Why are you fighting with him?" Lori asks quietly so Carl wouldn't hear. "Because its just.... I love him but I don't think I'm right for him and he just wont ever understand how hard my life was and is.Its really complicated." I say and see him looking out the window. He sniffles and I frown "Is he crying?" I ask Lori quietly and she nods. "Can I switch agin? Please." I say an Lori nods. "Im just gonna climb over the seat." I say and Lori nods. I climb over the seat "Sophia." I say and point to the seat. She nods and climbs over the seat. Mama was sleeping so if we talked quietly only me and Carl would hear our conversation. "Im sorry." I say as I sit down next to Carl. "I just.... It's hard because no one in this world will probably ever understand me and you don't understand so its just hard." I say and Carl jut stairs out the widow. I put two fingers under his chin and move his face to face me. "I love you." I say and kiss his lips. He sighs and nods. I frown and feel like I'm about to cry but know i can't not in front of him not now.I curl up to his side ad he just wraps an arm around me."It's getting dark. Get some sleep." is all Carl says with our even looking at me. I lay my head on Carls lap and start to mess with his hair. By know everyone but Rick, Carl and i was asleep."Please look at me." I say. Carl looks down at me then sighs.He leans down to kiss my forehead but instead he kisses my lips quickly. Then stairs out the window agin "Do you still love me?" I ask and Carl pretends like he doesn't hear me. I feel my heart break into a million pieces and sit up. I put my head in my hands. "Im sorry I'm so bitchy." I say quietly so Rick doesn't hear as my tears prick my eyes. "Elana your not bitchy." he says and I feel my tears fall from my eyes. "You don't love me anymore." I say and shake my head. "Im sorry! Im so sorry it's just hard and you know it!" I say and Carl hugs me. "I never said I didn't love you." Carl says and I cry into his chest "I asked you and you pretended like you didn't hear me!" I say and Carl shakes his head "No no no baby! I was just thinking about something and didn't hear you. I still love you." Carl says and wipes my tears away. "Want me to tell you what I was thinking about?" Carl asks and I nod. "I was thinking about us and how I hate when your, mad, sad, depressed or any thing like that. Also how much I love you and need you." Carl says and I lay my head on his lap.I smile "Kissy?" I ask in a baby voice and Carl chuckles then kisses my cheek. "Get some sleep." he says and starts to play with my hair. I nod and close my eyes.I sigh deeply "I'm such a broken mess." I say as Carl strokes my hair "If your a broken mess your my broken mess that I'm gonna fix." Carl says and I smile. "Today was out first fight... if you don't count the one at the camp where I said you shouldn't date me. Then yeah our first fight." I say as Carl nods. "Yeah. But every relationship has fights so." Carl says and shrugs "Get some sleep." Carl says and I nod."Goodnight beautiful." Carl says and I smile more "Night handsome." I say and he presses his forehead against mine. I slowly fell asleep in the handsome boys arms wondering how I got so lucky to have him in my life.