Chapter10-C.D.C.

Elana's P.O.V.

We run into the C.D.C lobby with our bags in our hands and Carl makes sure I stay next to him. "What do you want?" the guy who let us in asks. "A chance." Rick says simply. "Thats a lot to ask for but ill let you in." the guy says "Im Jenner." Jenner says "Im gonna need blood test to make sure your not infected." Jenner says and Carl tenses up. I look at him with a concerned look"Carl what's wrong?" I ask and he looks at me then bites his bottom lip. "I... I don't really like needles." Carl says and I grab his hand intertwining our fingers. "I don't ether." I say and kiss Carl's cheek. "I promise ill stay next to you the whole time." I say and he nods. He wraps his arms around me from behind and puts his head on my shoulder. I put my hands on his arms and smile. I love him so much i think to myself and smile more. "Get your stuff because once those doors close they don't open." Jenner says. Once they close they don't open? Like ever or he just won't open them for us to get something? I think to my self. Carl wanted to go last so I let him. I got my blood work done and Carl sat down in the chair Jenner was doing blood work at nervously. I kneeled down besides the chair and grab Carl's hand. "It's gonna be okay just look at me and think happy thoughts." I say and Carl nods. "Okay I'm gonna start." Jenner says and gets the needle ready. Carl's grip on my hand tightens. "Hey it's okay." I say and kiss his cheek. "It's okay baby." i say softly.Jenner puts the needle in Carl's arm and Carl bites his lip. "Hey it's okay he got it in that's it. Thats the only part that hurts." I say and Carl nods. I rub little circles on his hand with my thumb. "Your doing great babe." I say and kiss his knuckles."Okay done." Jenner says and I stand up. Carl stands up and I wrap my arms around his neck. "Wasn't that bad huh? I ask and Carl kisses my cheek. "Your beautiful self kept me distracted." Carl says and I blush. Jenner brings us to his basement sorta thing where he works. "Vi turn on lights." Jenner says "Turning on lights in sections five." A robotic type of voice says. "What was that?" I ask and Jenner smiles "A computer system kinda thing." Jenner says and Carl smiles "Cool!" he says and I giggle. "Your such a geek!" I say and kiss his cheek. "But your my geek." I say softly and Carl smiles. "Carl, Elana! Stop it and listen!" Sophia says and nudges me. I smile "We have a kitchen, showers, beds." Jenner says and I smile "I can make some stew!" I say and Jenner smiles "You know how to cook little miss?" he asks and I nod. "Yes sir! Mama made sure I knew so when me and Sophia got off of school and Mama and daddy were at work I could make me and Sophia somethin to eat!" I say and Mama smiles. "I didn't want my girls to starve." she says and I giggle. "Go right ahead!" Jenner says and I walk to the kitchen. As I get everything together I feel someone wrap there arms around my waist. "I didn't know you cooked." Carl says and I smile. "Well you learn something new everyday and today you learned something from me about me." I say and Carl kisses my cheek. "I don't know how to do all this cooking stuff." Carl says and I smile. "Ill just do the cooking for you." I say and Carl smiles. "You would be a perfect wife." Carl says and I blush "You would be a perfect husband." I say and Carl smiles. Carl stayed with me the entire time I cooked. Soon the food finished and everyone got a plate. Also Daryl found some whine. We all had our plates and were sitting at the table. "Let the kids try!" Rick says and hands Carl a glass of whine. Carl smells it and shrugs "Smells good." he says and takes a sip then makes this disgusted face. "Oh god! That's gross!" Carl says while making a face. "Here Elana you try it." Carl says and hands his glass to me. I put the glass up to my mouth and take a sip of the red substance. Carl was right. This was horrible! "My god! Carl I thought you loved me!" I say and start to gag. "I do love you!" Carl says an I scoff "If you loved me you would have been like babe don't drink that!" I say and everyone laughs. "My god Rick take it away!" I say and hand Rick the glass back. "Sophia wanna try?" Mama asks and Sophia nods. She takes Mama's whine glass and takes a sip. "Thats gross but I think y'all were over dueing it." Sophia says and hands the whine to mama. "Whatever. Dr. Jenner sir is there some water we can have? I really don't want to have to drink that stuff agin." I say and Jenner nods. He gets three cups of water and hands one to each of us "Well I'm glad you don't like whine because you don't need it!" Lori says an I smile. We started eating and everyone said it was really good. I was really proud of my self! "Looks like someone's getting drunk." Carl says referring to all the adults and I laugh "Yeah." I say and lean my head on his shoulder.Im glad daddy isn't here because when daddy gets drunk that's when me or mama would really get it.I sigh and frown. Just thinking of him makes me wanna cry. "May I be excused?" I ask, feeling my eyes water and Mama nods "Sure but what for?" Mama asks "Im just not really that hungry." I say and Mama nods."Elana what's wrong?" Carl asks quietly and I shake my head "Nothing Carl just don't worry." I say and kiss his cheek. "May I be excused too?" Carl asks and Lori nods. "Im just gonna go to the rec.room" i say and Carl grabs my hand. I bring him to the recroom with me and sit down on the couch in there. "Why did you want to come here?" Carl asks and lays down on the couch putting his head on my lap. "I uh.... was just thinking and just wanted to get out of there." I say as Carl plays with the hem of my shirt. "What were you thinking about?" Carl asks and I sigh. "How daddy would get drunk and beat me and mama. That was the worst time to be around him when he was drunk." I say and Carl pulls my shirt up. "What are you doing?" I ask and feel his cold hand pass over my stomach. "Looking at your bruises but they aren't there." Carl says and pulls my shirt down. "You don't need to be thinking about that stuff."Carl says and I nod."I know." I say and kiss Carl's forehead. "Wanna go back now?" Carl asks and I nod. We walk into the cafeteria and see everyone's ether drunk or buzzed but mama. "Kids how about we go to the library?" Mama asks and I nod. "Okay." I say and we go to the library. When we got in me and Carl started looking for a book. "How about The Fault in Our Stars?" I ask and Carl shrugs "Never heard of it." Carl says and I smile "It's this book about a girl who has cancer and she meets this guy who has cancer and they fall in love." I say trying not to give to much detail away. "I guess we could read that." Carl says and I smile. I know he doesn't really want to read it but he still is which is very sweet of him. Carl sits down on the couch they had and spread his legs out onto the couch. I sat down in his lap and did the same. I opened the book and read it out loud. After a good while of reading the book mama told us we should get some sleep so we did but first we got changed in some pajamas Jenner gave us. I had some light blue cotton shorts with a light blue t-shirt. It took some bribing but mama let me sleep in Carl's room.All I gotta do is make sure to be good and she said I could. I laid down next to Carl on the bed "That book wasn't that bad." Carl says and I smile. "If it was a movie it would be a chick flick. Do you realize that?" I ask and Carl nods "Yeah but it's good so continue reading." Carl says and I smile then nod. I grab the book and start to read agin. After a chapter or two Carl fell asleep and I stopped reading. I picked up the book and decide to get some sleep my self.