Chapter6-Broken mess

Elana's P.O.V.

I'm currently sitting down outside since the grown ups think I need rest and don't let me do anything. Carl, Sophia, and Jaqui one of the other kids here (Yes i know she isn't a kid but in here she will be) went go hang out in the woods and Im just here bored to death.

Carl didn't want to leave me but I made him because I'm it gonna let him be bored like me just because I have to sit around and do nothing all day.

"You feeling okay?" Rick asks me and I nod "Yeah I mean I guess." I say and Rick smiles "I promise thats not gonna happen agin. Your a nice good girl Elana and don't deserve to be treated like that." Rick says and I smile.

"Thank you but not everyone thinks that." I sigh and Rick frowns "Im gonna go help everyone out. You need anything, anything at all don't be scared to tell us." Rick says and I nod.

"Thank you." I say and Rick nods then walks away.I stand up slowly so I wouldn't hurt myself then walk into the RV. I sit down on the couch and sigh.

"Nothing to do!" I whine then hear someone scream. It sounded like Sophia. I walk outside and see Carl,Sophia,and Jaqui telling Rick about a geek. I walked back into the RV and laid down on the couch.

I pulled up my shirt to see all my bruises which were still there. Carl walked into the RV and I pulled my shirt down.

"Whats up?" I ask and Carl shrugged "Nothing bored." he says and I sigh.

"Can't be as bored as me." I say and Carl sits down next to me.

"I told you I could've stayed." he said and I shake my head "No because then you would have been as bored as me." I say and Carl look at me. "Carl I've been thinking and I know we've only been dating for a day..... But I don't think we should date." I say and Carl frowns.

"I love you! I do! But I .....I don't want you to get hurt by my dad because of me." I say and Carl looks like he's about to cry.

"N-No. I can deal with it. He won't hurt me or you. Please no!" Carl says and grabs my hands.

"Please no! He isn't gonna hurt any of us Elana! Please!" Carl begs and starts to cry.

"Carl stop. We..... we can try dating later just now's not a good time with my dad." I say and start to cry myself

"Come see." I say softly and pull Carl down so that he was laying down with me. I wrap my arms around him as he cried into my neck. "Elana w-we don't h-have to d-do this." Carl cries and I shake my head

"It's for your safety Carl. I don't want you getting hurt." I say and Carl shakes his head "I don't care about my safety I just want to be with you." Carl says and I sigh.

"No. You can't I'm sorry. Your.....Your gonna have to pretend like you hate me. Okay? Say that I'm stupid and dumb. Im horrible anything thats mean. Anything that would make him think you no longer like me so you don't get hurt." I say softly.

"But I can't do that!" Carl says and I press my forehead against his. "You have to." I whisper and kiss Carl's lips "Im sorry." I say softly as my tears roll down my cheeks.

First boy I ever loved and I have to make him sad. First boyfriend I ever have, and I have to break up with him, all because of daddy. Im so mad right know.

I love Carl and don't want to end things with him after only one day but I have to... for Carl. Carl stands up and opens the door to the RV."I don't want it to be like this but I'm just trying to protect you!" I yell and Carl shakes his head.

"I told you, you don't have to do this! I can protect myself Elana!" Carl yells "I love you so much! Im not worried about me Elana! Im worried about you!" Carl yells then slams the RV door. I