Your Venom - Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

Every year, Casey goes on a really luxurious holiday with her parents and sibling, but since the siblings aren't interested this year, she's invited us all a long, her father paying for us, even though we all offered our share. Thinking about the sandy beaches, hot sun and beautiful hotel, I suddenly feel slightly relaxed, especially as I realise that Rex won't be there to make me feel guilty with his loving looks and sweet kisses.

"Hmmmm, heaven!" I sigh and Casey smiles, her previous irritation leaving her face.

"I can't wait!" Mitzy squeals, checking her face in her small mirror, the sun shinning off it and hitting me in the eyes, making them water.

"Mmmm, I can't wait to check out all those Spanish boys. Fit, tanned and gorgeous!" Casey sighs, looking around quickly to make sure Nick didn't hear.

"Casey! You're so bad!" Mitzy gasps, giggling.

"Nick's getting old now" she tells them and the to girls lean in to hear the latest gossip, something I heard a couple of weeks ago.

"What's been happening, honey? You guys seem perfectly fine" Rose says and Casey shakes her head.

"Nothing at all, maybe that's the problem" she sighs. "He'll put on a good show in front of you guys, but around me, when we're on our own, he's so distant and doesn't want me. I fling myself at him, and he doesn't care! He's too obsessed with himself. I hate to hurt him, but me and Danny have been texting for ages and he wants to get with me. I don't want to hurt Nick, I honestly don't, but Danny is so much better for me. Danny treats me like he wants me, kisses me like he loves me, looks like he needs me"

"You've been cheating on Nick?" Rose gasps and Casey nods, breaking into fake tears.

"You won't tell anyone, will you? I don't want to hurt Nick more than I have to"

"Of course not!" Mitzy promises.

"Swear we won't!" Rose adds and I nod, wrapping my arm around her as I comfort the 'heart-broken' Casey.

* * * * *

Rex holds me close to him as we walk out the school, my hand on his chest as we walk, gazing up at him with a loving, flirty looks, making him smile and kiss me gently on the lips. We meet the others outside the school, taking out our cigarettes and smoking smoking greedily, flicking our ash on the pavement, watching as it floats gracefully. Rex blows smoke into my face playfully before kissing me, taking a drag from each others fag as we turn to our friends, glowing in the attention students give us as they pass, some with disapproving looks as we smoke.

"I love you, Lexie" Rex whispers in my ear and my heart pounds with guilt.

"I love you, too, Rex" I reply quietly, shocked when he kisses me with such intensity it seems wrong to be doing it in public. He laughs when he finishes, touching his nose to mine quickly. Casey soon gets bored and demands we leave, Rex kissing the top of my head before we leave, Casey avoiding Nick's kiss as she turns to leave, showing him he's losing her.

Casey and I walk in silence for a while, making me nervous. "Do you think me and Danny are a good couple?" she asks suddenly.

"Casey, it's not what I think, it's what you feel" I reply and she considers this, frowning slightly as she thinks deeply.

"I suppose so. I mean, it's me Lexie, my relationships are never going to be long through high school, all those boys are too immature for my liking, but I can hardly be single, I need the image of the girl who can get anyone" she says and I nod.

"Maybe you should look at college guys" I joke and she smiles.

"Maybe" she sighs, taking me seriously. "You might be on to something there" she adds smiling as a plan forms.

Waiting patiently, I look around our surroundings, watching as school kirs run up and down the street, looking so care free and happy as they chase each other, some carrying water balloons and soaking each other. Part of me wishes I can join them, be a happy kid instead of being weighed down by guilt and my fake 'love', weighed bown by Casey and her demands, looking after her and keeping out of the Dreamer's way, weighed down by my parents and their divorce.

"I've got it!" Casey says and I snap back into reality, finding it horrible and stressful.

"Got what?" I ask, confused.

"I'm going into town with the guys and we'll be in at your work. College boys hang out their all the time! Hopefully Nick will get bored and leave, letting me go on a boy hunt!"

"Do you think that's wise?!" I ask and she shrugs.

"Got to give it a try, honey" she sighs. I hug her and leave, walking home quickly.