Chapter 54

I am standing in the bathroom scrubbing my hand of dry blood. My mother's blood. My hand is raw from scrubbing. Lexa comes in and places down a hoodie and sweatpants for me. She stands behind me rubbing her hands up and down my arms.

"She... she didn't even try. She would have let him hurt you, she would have let him touch you and leave marks on you and and and and and..." I say scrubbing faster and harder at every word. Lexa stops me and spins me around. She takes my hands in hers and looks at then. She drys them lightly with a cloth. Saying nothing.

"Lexa... I thought I could trust her." I say with sorrow in my eyes. She doesn't look at me. Her eyes stay down at my hands. "Lexa talk to me." I whisper lifting her head up.

Green orbs meet with blue and there is a gleam never seen before.

"I'm so sorry. You and you mom were a perfectly fine family... before we met. I-" she stops and lets go of my hands. She walks out the bathroom and I follow her. She grabs her leather jacket off the couch and grabs her keys. She walks out the front door. She is about to close the door but I grab it. She keeps going. She gets on her motorbike and starts the engine.

"Lexa where? What are you doing?!" I say with tears in my eyes. She looks at me. Her green emeralds glowing in the night. She puts her helmet on and takes off the down the street. I cry.

Anya comes out and holds me in her arms. After a minute of crying in her arms she leads me inside and to the couch. She sits down and I sit next to her. She pulls me in and holds me like I'm a 5 year old. I let her.

After 10 minutes of silents she speaks. "Lexa has trouble with her feelings. When she is upset or mainly scared that she will say or do something wrong to the people she loves... she runs. She takes a hour or two to think and comes back. She isn't trying to hurt you. If anything she is trying to think of a way to handle herself." Anya says and I nod.

"I don't want her to get hurt. Where will she even go?" I ask sniffling.

"I know where she is going." Luna says walking into the living room and grabbing her keys. "I'll be back." She says as she walks out the door.

***

I collect myself and walk upstairs. I go into our room and take out one of her hoodies. I put it on and cuddle onto her side of the bed.

I hope she comes home soon.

Lexa's POV

I get on my bike and run. Like usual. I don't want to hurt her. I ride to my spot. The spot I go to think. I pull up to this abandoned building and walk inside. It is the night time so it is dark but I have been here so many times I don't need light to see where I am going.

I make it to the top of the two story building and walk over to the bench swing that Luna and I built when we were 11.

I sit and look over the trees that break into the beach and then the ocean.

I think.

I think of Clarke.

I think of how her smile reflects off her. I think how her eyes make you drowned in blue. I think about how she loves my hoodies. I think about how I love her. I think about her little giggles and the way she traces my tattoos. The way she blushes at my obvious flirts. I think about the way she is perfect.

I know she has been through so much. She has been through it all. Her mother. That woman that I hate dearly. She caused her pain. It's because I'm in Clarkes life. If I had just let her date Bellamy.

Ew. No. Don't think that. I mentally slap myself. I am pulled out of my thought when I hear a voice. "Scoot over."

It's Luna.