Chapter 24

After a long horrifying dinner full of questions Lexa and I went up to my room. I wasn't allowed to close the door-moms orders-but Lexa still hugged me for a long time. I just stood there in the middle of the room door open. Just holding onto Lexa. She smelled like the woods. The smell of clean forest. It's the best thing in the world.

I hear a cough and move my head (that was buried in Lexa's neck) to the door to see my mother standing there with her arms crossed. "Lexa you will be sleeping on the couch." Lexa nods but keeps a hold of my body. "Let go of my daughter. Now." My mother demanded.

Lexa lets go of me, however I keep a hold of her torso. She is stuck. Even though she could probably walk with me hugging her. My mother frowns.

"Lexa will be staying with me in my room. You heard it yourself. She doesn't have a crush on anyone so it is a normal friend sleepover." I say and Lexa puts her strong arms back over me.

"No clarke. I will not allow you to become... like her!" My mother almost screams.

I let go of Lexa and stand nose to nose with my mother. "Lexa is more respectful then you could ever dream of being."

"Lexa is nothing but a lesbian sinner." My mom comes back with.

"Sinner? SINNER? Tell me mom how loving another gender makes you a sinner! Love is love!"

"Love is meant for men and women! Not women and woman or male and male! That's not natural! Clarke you are being stupid!!"

"Male and female are here for reproduction," this is when I start to tell "NOT AS A RULE FOR LOVE! JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO MORE LOVE IN YOUR LIFE CAUSE YOU TURNED! IN! DAD! DOESNT MEAN THAT OTHERS SHOULD SUFFER!! YOU ARE THE SINNER!! YOU ARE A TRADER!!" I start to cry and I feel Lexa's hand go to my waist. Tears are going down my face but I stand strong in front of my mother. She has anger in her eyes. She is about to hurt me. I can see it. She raises her hand up and I close my eyes, preparing for the hit when I feel a sudden jerk and I am pushed back. I open my eyes to see my mother strike Lexa in the face. I scream and charge to my mom but Lexa grabs me and holds me before I could get to her.

"GET OUT! NOW! COME BACK WHEN YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSONS! YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES!! GET OUT NOW!!" My mother screams as she turns and slams the door of her room.

Lexa helps me pack and within 7 minutes we were out the house and down the road. I burst into tears. I didn't know we were at Lexa's house until I feel her laying me on her bed. I cried some more while smelling the blankets around me. They smell like her. I want her to hold me so bad.

Just as I think that thought I feel Lexa get into bed and wrap her arms around me. I turn and look at her. She has worry in her eyes. Her cheek is a little red from my mothers hand. "Oh lex! Your cheek! I'm so so sorry." I start crying more putting my hand on her cheek and burring my head in her neck.

The woods. I go into the smell of the woods. It smells safe. It smells like home now.

After another hour of crying I calm down and look up at Lexa. "I'm sorry that she called you names and hurt you. I'm so so so so sorry lex! I- I'm I- don't know what to do."

Lexa's rough raspy voice answers me, "you don't have to do anything clarke. You just have to lay here. In my arms. Warm and safe. I'll keep you safe. You kept me safe. It's my turn now."

"But I didn't keep you safe. She hurt you."

"It's okay Clarke. I will take any hits for you. I'll take bullets for you." She smirks.

I groan and turn away from her, " not this again." She wraps her arms around my torso and pulls my back to her stomach.

"Always." She whispers in my ear sending chills down my back and making my heart race.