Chapter 42: No, I'm not kididng

En başından başla

"I can't control it Lloyd." He went back to begging his son to hear him out. No one truly understood lord Garmadon better than his own family. One minute, he could be this sadistic and controlling monster that has complete reign over Ninjago. The next minute, he's the kind sensei and loving father Lloyd remembers he had, he would never be too late to offer his help or advice to his precious treasure in whom he calls his son. Many hearts were shattered at this moment as more screaming projected from the room. "You need to have some form of resistance! You call me weak all the time yet you can't fight back for your own body and mind?" He questioned, honestly pained by his father's statement. Was he even trying to become good again?

"I'm trying so hard Lloyd." He replied rather calmly causing the green ninja to just stare blankly at him. Was this all for his entertainment or what? Lloyd was sick and tired of it all. When would misery and the white lies just leave his mind and Ninjago city in general? Couldn't he have a day where he didn't have perceive any of those? "You can't tell me that without any clear progress happening. I'm the green ninja, also known as the rebellious kid that lives off of candy. I knew I had my flaws, my family helped me changed who I am. But it too effort to do so, you know? I didn't want to let go of my independent life. I wasn't used to people caring for me, friends, family? I never received any of that in my early days of childhood." He explained, giving him a taste of his own medicine.
The dark lord stood up from the bed and observed Lloyd's current trembling state.

"Please just listen, I'll....if it really upsets you that much...I can try extra hard this time to change. Please, I just don't want to loose you nor loose touch with you and the rest of our family. I already miss my brother and your mother enough. You may think that because that I have a cold heart, it's easy for me to stay alone, lurking in the shadows without someone I can show my kindness to." He looked at Lloyd, albeit genuinely, the boy wasn't easily convinced. But it didn't mean that he wouldn't discard his offer this time around. In fact, he believed for a second, just a mere little second, that Garmadon was spewing the truth. He was almost reeled in. "Kindness? Since when are you familiar with a term like kindness?" He turned the tables around between him and his father.
The lord was about to respond before Lloyd cut him off once more.

"Are you sure that you don't view the word 'kindness' as 'offering your cooperation to people in whom you want to use?' Think about it, father. You were only ever kind to me when you manipulated me to accompany you in your dirty tricks. I helped you by staying loyal to you but what do you do to me instead? Give me images that the resistance are bad people." Lloyd felt his eyes narrowing even more as he kept explaining his points. "Not to mention, Harumi was your ally in the past, how did you treat her? As horribly as one could ever imagine. You almost killed her yet she still offered you her assistance. Now don't you think that's true kindness?" His expression was now reduced to a small glare. The one lord had no words after Lloyd practically spoke for not only himself but the white haired girl in which he adored so much.

Now, how to explain himself for those ones? Lloyd was undoubtedly correct. The man took several minutes to try and think of a possible rebuttal for his past crimes. "Can you give me a chance to start over?" He asked politely. Evident tension was between the son and father, Lloyd kept his cold glare on the imploring Garmadon. The man had a nervous smile, staying on guard for Lloyd's potential moves. Instead of completely denying his inquiry, Lloyd exhaled and bargained: "Give me a good reason to." Just by hearing that, Garmadon spotted the difference between their early conversations. Lloyd was always so cunning and rejected anything he said without thinking twice. Did his words finally get to him? He had to try even more.

"I'll put all of my effort and self-control to try and change Lloyd, that's a deal. But I'll do it, only for you. You are my beloved son, i don't want to deceive you much longer. My son, I really do care about you. Please, if it reassures you, you can even be there to keep an eye on my progress. Wouldn't that be pleasant?" He continued, trying to persuade his brave boy to give him another chance. Upon hearing all of that, the blonde boy thought for a second. If Garmadon returned in his field of trust, then he has no excuses to forgive him ever again. He may as well dump him out in the dark for all he knows. But because Lloyd is such a nice person, "That's just-! I-I don't know if I have enough patience and sanity to deal with all this, father- I-I don't...I-I don't...want..." he couldn't help but release the compelling sentiment he kept inside of him for so long.

At that exact moment, his father wrapped his arms around his beloved treasure. He buried his chin into his smooth blonde hair. Having literally no self-control over his emotions anymore, the green ninja reluctantly wrapped his own arms around his father, pulling himself closer to feel his warmth. Even though the hug between father and son, emotions were somewhat absent. "A-Am I doing the right thing to give you a-another chance...? Would Sensei Wu be p-proud? A-Are you proud?" He looked up, waiting for his father's approval. Garmadon smiled down on him upon hearing the green ninja's doubt. He nodded at his question. "Yes my boy, I'm very proud. You saw me at my worst yet you still decide to give me a chance. You're a true ninja." Those were words that a true sensei would say, Lloyd almost felt like he was talking to his real father once more.

"You're not lying to me again right?" He wanted to make sure. Ah, Garmadon's son was always so stubborn. He couldn't accept the reality all so quickly. Oh well, his father still found him unique above all. Garmadon chuckled lightly at Lloyd's second doubt of the minute. "No, I'm not kidding."
~~~~~~~
A/N Woo! Some Garmadon and Lloyd angst! It's always so good to see that they have reconciled once more. Hopefully Garmadon holds off his word and actually tries to become a better person. If he doesn't, I'm sure that would cause another blow to the heart for Lloyd. Oh man, I sure hope that wouldn't be the case. But who knows? The future of their story still awaits! If you guys enjoyed the chapter, please leave a vote and comment don below your thoughts! That's it for the author's note, LillaSmolBean is running off!^^