1.12 Telling Henry the Truth

At the playground.

Henry walked over to me

Henry walked over to me. We were in the woods, right outside of Storybrooke.

August walked up behind him.

I looked at August "what are you doing here?"

August "I drove him"

Henry "he's part of Operation Cobra"

I shot August a look "oh really?"

He nodded.

Henry asked confused  "why are we out of town?"

Me "Because I'm going to tell you something and to do that I'll need to show you something I can't do in this town"

He looked at me confused.

I took a deep breath "I'm Princess Echo"

Henry looked at me surprised "you remember?"

I nodded "I do"

Henry "how?"

Me "Because I never forgot, Henry"

He looked at me confused.

I showed him some pages of the book that I had ripped out long before I gave it to him.

Henry looked at them confused "you had them? Why?"

Me "Because I wanted you to hear it from me and not read it in some book"

Henry looked at me confused.

Me "the reason I remember is because I'm not part of the curse. I left moments before Regina activated the spell."

Henry "you didn't know?"

I nodded "I knew. Henry, it's complicated but I knew"

Henry said kinda disappointed "you raised me knowing I was your family knowing about Regina being the Evil Queen"

Me "Regina and I go way back, Henry, there's a reason I gave her to you and stayed with you. Why do you think did I stay with you? For Regina?-no. Because you and I are family"

Henry "you told me I was crazy this whole time. How could you keep this from me?"

I sighed "I'm sorry"

Henry "what changed your mind? Why are you telling me the truth now?"

Me "I got held hostage by an old friend. The Mad Hatter"

Henry's eyes widened "what?"

I nodded "Yes, he and I may not share the same curse like the others do but he and I share one as well. The curse of knowledge. It's worse than the other one"

Henry asked confused "why did you rip these pages out of the book?"

Me "Because I'm not that person anymore."