Chapter 53

Talk To Me - How The Story Will End

I opened my eyes, blinking repeatedly before my sight became clear. I was laying down on my side and was covered almost completely with a warm silky blanket. My head was the only thing not covered but my hair was so messy and all over the place that it basically acted as a warm source.

I felt warm and sung. I just remember feeling so panicked that it relieved me to hear nothing but gentle breathing. I was glad that I felt relaxed. My emotions were blank but it wasn't a bad thing to me.

There was something laying beside me and when my brain started to work, I realized I was looking at a chest.

Wait a second... Where the hell am I? When did I go to sleep? And why did I just now realize that something wasn't right?

I raced my eyes in every direction, scrolling my eyes down to see that I was laying on a bed with someone else. I also noticed that I wasn't even in my room. The bed was way too comfortable and the room was way bigger than mine. It was actually quite dark, meaning it was still night time. The room was lit by a dim lantern sitting somewhere close.

Why am I in his room? Why am I laying on his bed?

The hair behind my neck stood and an electric chill went down my spine. I flinched dramatically when I really comprehended this scene. I examined the laying body and I saw his cross blade necklace dazzling and automatically realized it was actually him.

I'm laying on Dracule's bed with Dracule....

DAFUQ?!

I gasped and tried to push myself away, not even trying to be quiet or chill about it. Which was a bad idea to start with but I wasn't thinking. I suddenly felt his arm wrap around me as he pushed me back onto him. I froze completely still at what he did. I was back to how I was before, laying an inch away from his body but now his arm was across my waist. My eyes were glued on his chest and I made sure not to move a muscle.

Holy shit...

I didn't know what to do or say. What am I suppose to say? Thankfully, I didn't have to think for long before his deep tone spoke first.

"You're awake." The Warlord's voice was deeper than ususal. It sounded like he just woke up or was just quiet for a long time. He also sounded like his calm emotionless self which strangely comforted me.

"Yeah..." I responded lightly, noticing my deep morning voice too. I nodded but was too shy to look up at him or make eye contact. I still felt incredibly uncomfortable to be in this position.

"Good." Dracule added to my discomfort when he tightened his hand and squeeze me closer as he repositioned himself a little.

"There's a few things I need to discuss with you." He mentioned.

I didn't know why his comment made me feel nervous, brining back flashbacks of what happened before. I chewed on my lips nervously and looked up to face him. The Warlord was facing straight ahead. I just looked at his chin that was covered by his facial hair. He wasn't looking at me until he noticed my eyes scan him. He looked down and made eye contact with me, having his expression be completely blank which intimidated me.

I didn't intend to sound so nervous but I stuttered as I spoke. "W-what is it?"

Dracule pulled his head back and faced straight ahead as he deeply inhaled. They way he was acting got me even more nervous for what he was about to say. I began to feel restless by his long pause before he spoke again.

"You must leave this island." He finally spoke. His expression and tone didn't have a hint of emotion.

My eyes enlarged and I blinked repeatedly, like I was having a hard time understanding what he said.