Chapter 6

His Point of View - She's a Conquerors Haki User

A week ago

Dracule Mihawk (AKA Hawk-Eye Mihawk) POV

I could have sworn I heard something or maybe someone inside the castle. I was walking around the dark castle halls, investigating the noises I heard from before.

If it's one of the Humandrill Baboons and they would dare come to disturb me, I'll surely teach them a lesson like before.

But no such luck. I wandered through the hall a little bit too much and I finally had enough. It was late and the lantern I was holding was dimming too much, most likely about to die out.

I decided to go to the bedroom but come to think of it, that's the only place I haven't checked.

I highly doubt anyone is in there though and that would be too much of a coincidence.

I finally reached my desired destination, exhaling a little in relief since I'm quite tired and I'll finally be resting.

I opened the door and quickly noticed that I had to eat my words. Someone is in here.

I saw shoes, clothes, and a sword thrown beside the bed while someone slept upon it.

The intruder bursted up and turned to face me, startled of my sudden entrance.

It was a girl. The lantern was already so dim that I couldn't notice much about her. Her face was written in complete shock and fear as she gazed upon me.

She had big golden eyes that shivered, she was a little bit too surprised to see me.

Suddenly, she finally came out of the state of shock and yelped. She was screaming her lungs out as if I just threatened her. That wasn't the best idea to act upon, it was annoying enough she was sleeping in my bedroom but acting obnoxious isn't attractive.

When she finally stopped her episode, she looked down at her body and yelped again. This time it was just a small squeal. She got the sheets and covered herself.

"Who are you?" I questioned, my voice was stern but impatient. But I honestly didn't believe she heard me since she kelp shaking and looking else where.

"Please don't chop me up into pieces!" She begged, not knowing she just proved my thoughts correct.

I curved my brows at her. I couldn't keep a calm expression anymore because she was agitating me.

"Answer my question." I ordered, trying to make eye contact with her but she wouldn't budge.

"I-I'm Lucy." She actually answered this time.

I'm surprised to even see her in this island. I was expecting the baboons even though they'd never dare to step a foot inside here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

I noticed her flinch each time I spoke. She then turned her body away from me. "I don't know! Please don't kill me!"

Her answer wasn't satisfying but I couldn't care less about her. I came here to rest and she was a problem.

I took a step without really realizing it but she obviously did since she finally turned around and faced me.

"Oh my god, you're going to kill me!" She cried, yelping at her own comment and fell off the bed, taking the sheets with her.

She's so annoying and ridiculous. I simply disliked others who would act this way but I should be used to it. Even though I'd usually get this type of reaction from people, I didn't like it or approve of it.