Chapter 29

Dracule's Necklace - Falling in a Nest

Grab the handle of the katana with your dominate hand, making sure it feels like an extending body part. Use your other hand only to push more force onto your attack. When swinging the katana, push back enough without losing the altitude by going too far. Never lose sight of your opponent, always have a defense stance when you aren't attacking.

My heart felt like it was about to pop out of my chest. I was nervous and tired, it's been hours of this constant brawl between Dracule and I. He said I was actually starting to become a challenge and ever since that, he became even more rough.

I knew he wasn't using his true power, which I didn't mind, he just met with my ability of swordsmanship to help me get better.

The Warlord looks so calm while we were fighting which is pissing me off. I'm over here trying to take a deep breath before dying while he's yawning.

Today was a little different though, it seemed like he was more interested when we were battling. Maybe because today there weren't any lessons or challenges he was trying to teach me. This was a day only meant for a battle, seeing only my improvement these past couple of months.

My foot was plastered to the brown island soil, trying my best not to step back. He took a step forward, sending his hand behind him while his blade followed.

*CRASH*

Our blades met, creating little sparks to fly off the metal. I slammed my left hand on top of the handle, using both hands to try to win this war. He wouldn't back down, I don't even think I fazed him at all.

I felt the muscle around my arm begin to send a sharp pain, begging me to retreat before I stress out my body. I gave in and stepped back, running away from his attack.

My back was slouching but my eyes never left him, I was desperately trying to catch my breath while waiting for Dracule to attack again.

In the beginning, we were both attacking and defending ourselves but now it was a different story. I was fatigued, hyperventilating and incredibly sore. My whole body was aching, MY BRAIN WAS ACHING. I was just hoping he doesn't attack anytime soon.

"Why have you stopped attacking?" The Warlord wondered, showing off his usual stern frown. Okay, he's talking. That means he will not attack right now so catch you breath, Lucy!

"I'm *pace* tired." I answered, landing one of my hands on my knee to rest a little.

"Pathetic." He hissed, deepening his frown.

"Dude, give me a break. *pace* We've been at this for hours." I complained. I was glad we were having this little break because now I think I can feel my feet again.

My comment unexpectedly made Dracule's face lighten up but only for a second. He narrowed his hawk eyes and without warning, he began his next attack.

Didn't he hear me say I was tired? Why does he pretend not to hear me? I don't think I can last any longer.

I whipped out my katana in front of me, separating his blade from hitting me.

*CLASH*

Our blades slammed together again, this time it lasted for a second before Dracule retreated and repeatedly swung his Black Blade. Each time his sword came close to me, I held my breath and defended from his attack.

*CLASH*

*CLASH*

*CLASH*

The island was flooded with the sound of two swords slamming against each other. The Warlord wasn't taking a little break after each swing. This time he kept attacking while walking towards me, sending me to backpedal with each clash.