Chapter 18

Day One of Training - Dodging Practice

My skin felt stiff, cracking almost from the dry atmosphere. The wind blowing from the castle entrance perfectly landed on my body that laid patiently on the lounge couch. It's around seven in the morning but I woke up a few hours before.

Yesterday the Warlord told me to be up ready in the morning for the first day of training and if I fail to meet his demands, I'd regret it. It wasn't that bad since I'm a morning person, I always wake up before him anyway.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I rushed to get dressed and hurried to the kitchen to make some tea. After I finished my glass of tea, I decided to wait here at the lounge for him to arrive.

It's been an hour.

I guess I woke up a little too early.

The worst part about my ordeal was the freezing weather. In this island, the morning weather was like deep snowing winter. I only had my thin black leggings on because those were the only pants I have and a black tank top that used to be a dress.

I was waiting so long that I didn't even realize I was laying down on my back on the couch, clunching my legs with my arms against my chest. Blowing my warm breath on my body that was shriving excessively.

After a few minutes, I just stared at the ceiling thinking about my current status in life.

I'm being trained.

I have a swordsman teacher.

He's a Warlord...the greatest swordsman alive.

I exhaled and closed my eyes, my body began to heat up from excitement.

From being attacked by Bartholomew Kuma and being sent to a random island, I thought my life was really coming to an end. And now...I'm so happy to be alive.

I then thought back to my home, my old life. This time the dark pages weren't refreshed but just the things I missed about home.

I missed Jamie, Carol and Megan.

These three people have been with me since I was a child, amazing human beings they are.

Jamie, my best friend, she was a vulgar mannered girl. You think I have a foul mouth, just wait until you meet her. The girl was my age and she's even pregnant with her first child and I was supposed to be her God Mother.

Sigh.

I will go back home but for now I need to stay here.

Then there's Carol, my old teenage boyfriend. He was a my first for everything, an amazing man who took care of me even after my life had it's horrible sharp turn for the worse ten years ago. I met him when I was a little girl and ever since we laid eyes on each other, we clicked. We broke up after an incident but we're still close friends in the end.

Sigh.

I miss him, he would always defend me when we'd go out against those who'd harasss me.

And lastly, my aunt Megan. I loved her more than life. Even though she used to kick my ass, she always took care of me. After my parents and brother died, she became my legal guardian. Everyone, I mean everyone, didn't want to have to do anything with me because of what happened but she still loved me.

They still loved me.

Sigh.

I miss them so much.

"Blonde girl." A tone dragged me out like a fishing hook out my thoughts, bursting my lids open.

The voice was faint, like it was still far away. I then noticed foot steps coming from the huge staircase that lead either to the lounge or deeper in the castle.