Chapter 25

They Have Something in Common - Two Month Time skip

Imagine...

Living in a beautiful castle with endless rooms to explore, to discover new things when entering each room you find.

Imagine...

When you already did that stuff and now you have nothing to do!

Ugh.

I've never been so bored. After training, I would just stay in my room all day and stare at the ceiling.

But no more!

I remember back at home I'd usually study or read guilty pleasure books endlessly. Then it hit me, I always see Dracule reading and I remember him having a bookshelf full of books.

I was currently in the kitchen, pretending to do something while I tried to find the courage to ask if I can borrow a few books. He was, of course, in the kitchen with me. I just finished making tea for tonight and he was drinking a glass while his nose was dug inside his book.

I turned around, my hands were nervously playing with each other.

Okay Lucy, just ask and get it over with!

I'm so afraid of him rejecting me because I would be so embarrassed.

I cleared my throat and began, "Um, Dracule?"

My low squeaky voice was quickly noticed by him but he didn't leave his book. "Mhm?" He answered me, letting me know he heard.

I gulped and took glances at him then back to the ground repeatedly. I always do that whenever I'm nervous...

"Um..." I choked and didn't know how to continue. I was chewing on my lips while trying to figure out how to ask.

Just say it!

HURRY UP AND ASK!

"Uh I was wondering if I uh..." I stuttered, not finishing my sentence.

"It'd be polite to finish your sentence." Dracule carelessly lectured, still having his eyes glued on his book.

"Sorry..."

I wasn't getting off to a great start. No matter, I will ask anyway. It's easy, if he says no then I'll just keep bothering him until I get what I want.

Or... until he kills me.

"I was just wondering if it'd be okay if I could borrow a few books from your room?" I finally spat out, feeling relieved I asked him already.

Dracule finally looked at me as I spoke to him, like he was intrigued by what I said. He has one brow risen while the rest of his expression was emotionless.

Did I say something wrong?

The Warlord then returned his gaze back on his book then said, "I don't think you'd be interested in the books I have."

His comment kept repeating itself in my head over and over again. I would have asked what he meant but since I already knew what type of books were on his shelf and recognized the book he always had in his hands, I knew exactly what he meant.

"You bastard." I couldn't help but grin at his ignorance because I would never expect that from him. My jaw was slightly hanging and my eyebrows were raised high in shock.

Dracule curved his brows as he shot his face at me. He looked surprised and irritated I just cursed at him but I wasn't afraid and only just felt like laughing.

He has what I call nerd nerd books; which meant educational and/or long series that are meant for people more literate. Even though I do enjoy reading corny romance novels, I mostly read 'nerd nerd books' because they're just so addictive. It was because the school I went to had a huge library and I would spend my time reading all the famous books written by linguists or just by normal people that had an amazing imagination.