Chapter 30

Blackout - Surprise It's Johnny

I was lucky I managed to escape that ditch. These type of things always happen to me, I'm just the best for the worst situations. My legs were almost stomping to the lounge. I left a book there this morning and I wanted to retrieve it before I go to bed.

I really hope I don't run into that bastard seeing how I'm unbelievably mad at him. How can he just leave me at the bottom of a ditch? After telling me all those terrifying things, like there being deadly poisonous spiders crawling in there, he just leaves.

WTF?

No mercy.

Speaking of the devil, as I was walking towards the staircase, I found him across from me. I guess I'm not the only one who wants to go to the lounge. He, of course, held a book on his hand while his head pointed to it. As soon as we were presented to each other, we met eyes.

"Look who it is, the ass that leaves someone in a ditch full of poisonous spiders." I hissed, rolling my eyes at him. We were still walking to each other, the center of us was the staircase to the lounge.

Dracule ignored me and returned his eyes to his book, his legs were still walking.

"You've managed to escape on your own. That's an accomplishment." The Warlord implied, us both arriving to the staircase.

He was now just a few feet away. I was looking at him and shaking my head. "I can't even tell when you're being sarcastic." I complained, standing straight while I tried to figure it out.

Dracule closed his book and lazily looked to me. "I was." He spoke so sternly that it added on to my confusion.

Whatever.

Trying to figure him out was far too difficult for comfort.

I sighed and just decided to ignore him. He was giving me a headache and teasing me. My objective was to get the book from the lounge then go to bed. Dracule was now only a very annoying distraction.

"I'll just get out of your way." I added, shooting my body towards the stairs and took my first step.

"Blonde girl." Dracule called, stopping my actions by turning my head at him.

"What?"

And I waited five seconds for him to explain.

"I called the plumber to do a few errands."

The plumber?

"Who, Johnny?" I wondered, feeling my agitated body lighten up. This conversation is making me forget I was pissed.

He nodded and continued, "He is arriving to this island tonight, stay here until he shows up." Dracule then turned around and walked back to where he came from, supposedly ending this conversation.

He wants me to wait for Johnny to come? Why? And why in the hell is he making me do this? Not that I mind but I'm tired and what if I wait up all night? He's the one who stays up later than me. Why won't he wait for him? I honestly think he's just taking advantage of me.

"Why won't you?" I complained, reminding myself that I was already pissed so I sounded even more sassy.

Dracule couldn't care less about my complaints or tone, he just didn't pay attention to me. Still walking away, he shot back. "Why should I when you're here?"

I knew it.

He'a taking advantage of me.

The worst thing about it was that I couldn't disobey him. The only thing he lets me get away with is complaining but if I didn't do what he said then... I actually don't know, I've never been so stupid not to do what he ordered.