“Ok fine. Don’t stop, but I just want to ask you where is Khanna ? There is some security issue and I want him to look into the matter personally.” Asked Om, despite knowing the answer. Rudra looked at him but he gestured him to be quiet.

“I’ve sent him for an important work.” Shivaay’s reply was brisk and he didn’t care to look at anyone as he answered. “What is so important that you sent Khanna ? You don’t send him unless it’s something related to our family.” Shivaay shut his eyes tightly, controlling his anger when Om wasn’t ready to listen to him and tried to leave.

“How many days are you going to torture yourself like this ? Why don’t you say that you appointed Khanna for Anika’s safety ? Why don’t you bring her here if you care about her ?” Om shouted as he pulled Shivaay to face him.

“I don’t want to answer anyone. And, as far as the matter concerns Anika, I will do as I wish. Anyway, she won’t need this security for long. As soon as I find that bastard, he’ll have to die.” Om stepped back with every step Shivaay took towards him and said these words to him. Shivaay was short tempered since forever, but his anger had never scared him or others in their family. This time, it was not anger, it was something more than that.

No one had the courage to stop him after that. They could do nothing but to stare at him as he left. “What are we going to do, O ? He doesn’t show but he likes Anika didi. He’s torturing himself. Not having his meals, not sleeping properly and any other thing that would torture him and give him pain in any way, he’s doing everything. Infact, Mishra  (Shivaay’s PA) told me that he’s not going to office from last 3 weeks. Then where does he go ?” Asked Rudra from Om.

“He doesn’t like her, Rudra, he loves her. I don’t know if he actually doesn’t know this or just pretending. But one thing I can say is, it’s Anika who can bring him back to us, make him normal and happy.” Said Om, and Rudra knew he was right, but there was nothing they could do to help their brother.

“Shall we talk to Anika didi ?” Asked Rudra, and chided himself for asking something like that, when he knew very well that his brother, or anyone in their family didn’t deserve this.

“I don’t need to answer this, you’ve got your answer from your heart already, didn’t you ?” Asked Om and smiled sadly while Rudra nodded.

Shivaay phoned Khanna as he drove out of the mansion, getting impatient because of the usual Mumbai traffic. After driving through the busy roads,  he pulled the car onto the street leading to his destination, the place that was his solace, the place that he visited everyday to have a glimpse of his once a namesake wife, whom he hadn’t accepted. But now, she was the only one who was in his mind, his heart and every drop of his blood was filled with her name and the will to protect her till his last breath, but, without being noticed by her.

Khanna, as usual, was ordered by his boss to do something so that Anika don’t step out of the house. But this time he had failed in doing so, and with every passing second, his heart was thumping faster as he imagined his boss knocking him down in the fit of his anger.

He sighed in relief when Shivaay didn’t punch him or kick him as he had imagined, but his boss was angry. Thanks to the girl named Anika that he (Shivaay) didn’t want to waste his time, otherwise he would’ve been dead by now.

“Where did she go, do you know that ? And dare you say No.” Asked Shivaay from khanna in his angry voice. Khanna wandered what would happen if he said no, perhaps something scary, he was sure. Fortunately, he knew about Anika ‘Mam’s’ whereabouts, Mam, because he knew what she meant to his boss. Infact, everyone except him (Shivaay) knew it, including his family members, servants and security staff. His boss was zero in understanding the matters of heart.

Khanna’s face was worth watching when a smile came upon Shivaay’s lips when he got to know about Anika’s work place. It was a face holding amusement, happiness, relief and what not. That smile was a sign that his misery was going to end for the time being.

Shivaay didn’t want her to come out of her house unless he found a safe job for her. And he rejected nearly hundred and odd jobs, finding one or the other thing that could hurt her in any way. Khanna was going to faint when, just a day ago, his boss rejected the job of a baby sitter because the baby could pee on Anika, the job of a kindergarten teacher because the little kids could trouble her by crying too much, and then, the job of a receptionist at a private clinic because he had heard Rudra talking the other day, about a movie in which every other guy was flirting with the beautiful receptionist. His boss knew very well that his lady was more than beautiful.

It is true, when someone says that wealth, women and wine can make anything happen in this world. Wealth and wine could never get on the Shivaay Singh Oberoi’s nerves, and for that matter, even women could not. It was just this particular woman who, without even knowing, was driving him crazy, who was making him dance on her tunes without even giving it a thought.
____________________________

Hope it was good. Do tell me how was it and don't forget to vote.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕