𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣—"𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩"

———

𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼 𝙅𝙀𝙍𝙆𝙀𝘿 𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝘽𝙔 𝙁𝙇𝙔𝙄𝙉𝙂 forward, a rather loud gasp escaping her lips as she did so, and her breathing was completely out of control. She glanced around the room immediately, and her labored breathing turned a bit more normal as she recognized her own room.

She was laying in her bed, out of the flapper dress she was wearing and now in a pair of grey sweats with a black crop top. She was utterly confused about what the hell happened last night, and the only thing on her mind was the pounding bumping throughout her skull. She raised a hand, placing it on the side of her head as she winced through the pain.

She glanced up, seeing her lights seemed a bit brighter than normal. She chalked it up to her being injured, then suddenly last nights events filled her brain. She remembered pushing Matt out of the way, the stake being in her stomach, the feeling of losing consciousness.

She moved her legs so they were not dangling off the bed, and then softly she placed her bare feet on the cold wooden floor. She blinked a few times while the light only seemed to be buzzing louder and louder by the second, and her annoyance was getting filled to the brim extremely faster than usual. She gritted her teeth, and then took a few steps to where her light switch was, and immediately shut off the light.

"Clara?"

The blonde hisses as Damon appeared from behind her doorway, she groans as tries to walk past the boy into the kitchen. She was starving, and that was probably because she hadn't eaten anything since midday yesterday.

"Hey, Lara," Damon smiles softly, more than usual. Clara glanced back the boy into the hallway, where she heard something on the tv down the stairs in the living room. Why was it so loud? Clara didn't realized she was living with an old person.

"What?" Clara snaps, but then blinks a few times as she was shocked by her sudden attitude. "Uh, sorry, I just have a headache. What is it?"

"I think you need to sit down," Damon speaks softly, and the girl hesitantly nods, taking a seat back on her bed.

"You're worrying me, Damon," Clara chuckles awkwardly, and while she was about to speak up again she was cut off by Kol appearing her doorway, and a smile tugged on the corner of her lips. "Hey, Romeo."

"Hey, Juliet," Kol responds sadly, and the smile faded from her lips slowly as both of the boys had a serious expression on their faces.

"Okay, now I'm definitely worried. Is Matt okay?"

Damon licks his pink lips, and he looked to be thinking quite hard, and then Clara's eyes flickers from Damon to Kol, who seemed to have the same expression.

"Matt's fine," Damon states, and then swallows harshly as he hesitates to continue on. "Clara, last night..."

"Was a close one, I know, you're probably going to scold me for being so reckless and—"

"—You died, Clara."

A gasp quickly escaped her lips at Kol's abrupt sentence, and Damon quickly turned around to glare daggers at the original. "I, what?"