fifty

Bangtan HQ.
— Midnight

You fix the sheets on your bed neatly, leaving them exactly how they were when Jungkook and Taehyung first brought you here so seemingly long ago. Your lamp is on its dimmest setting, giving the room a low, dark, golden glow. The contrast of the light with the red curtains, sheets, and chairs tints that glow a little burgundy, making the ambiance just that much more somber.

"Take this in case you have any trouble."
"What—? No!"
"Take it."

Your bangle rests on your nightstand, right next to the base of your lamp, closed and silent. You look down at it and let yourself run through this life one last time without feeling guilty for feeling bad. Once the time is right, you turn the lamp off and head for the door.

No more tears, Yuri.
No more tears.

The hallways are empty and dark, everyone in the rooms next to you are deep asleep and completely unaware. Earlier, before you decided to go back to your room and get yourself prepared, you'd stopped at Jin's office and helped him with his last few pill sorts. It was him you'd gotten to spend the least amount of time with since he avoids you out of guilt, too. But tonight, you didn't let him. You wouldn't feel right leaving like that for some reason. The day felt bitter.

"If Namjoon knows, why keep pretending?"
"Because.. There's no upside to being Y/N anymore. There's no upside to anything. Y/N is useless. Yuri's dumb, but she's what you made. Might as well keep being what you all truly want me to be."

Hallway after hallway, door after door, memory after memory, you force yourself to rebuild the courage this day has broken for you. It's vital that you walk out of here accepting a fresh start. Its absolutely vital. You pass the kitchen completely lost in that process, too invested in jumbling thoughts to notice the dim light coming from inside as you slowly walk past it.

"Ey," Hoseok calls out to you from the counter, immediately walking out into the hallway as you pass by to make sure he did in fact see you and not a ghost. He is really tired after all, so a paranormal phenomenon wouldn't be much of a stretch in his jaded mind right now. "Yuri?" He furrows his brows. As soon as you realize he's awake, right behind you, and speaking in your direction, you stop walking and clench your jaw.

You had to make this harder..?

"Hm?" You turn around, acting as natural as you can while not wearing your bangle and walking towards the hallway that leads to the front door. You hope he doesn't notice. The only thing saving you at that point would be your empty hands and usual sleepwear. Still, he's very smart, so you have a feeling you're going to have to use the item in your pocket regardless.

"What are you doing?" Hoseok questions, walking up to you with his brows still furrowed. He looks out into the hall, "Why were you headed that way?" He looks at your clothes, being thrown off a little by them. "You have no business going that way at this hour, doll. Why are you headed to the front?"

"Okay, I'm not headed out if that's what you're thinking." You lie, speaking as Yuri-like as you possibly can. He still hasn't yet bothered to notice your would-be-alarming, complete lack of jewelry. You use that as an advantage. "I couldn't sleep and then I remembered I left my phone in the front Lounge Room, that's why I'm heading this way."

"Hm." Hoseok slightly squints his eyes. "You're not trying to sneak out and disappear off to that flower shop again?"

"No." You shake your head, analyzing his face as he analyzes your own. You see suspicion in his expression, but maybe that's just because you feel suspicious. "I think it's safe to say that it's closed right now, so that'd be dumb of me. Besides, I'm way too fucking tired to set up another temporary escape."