ten

"Kyun—'D.O.' and I were neighbors. He lived a couple doors down from me in my old building; w-we visited each other often. He was my first friend the first year I moved in. . always so nice." You look down at your hands resting on your lap while everyone else except Taehyung—who's deep asleep in Jin's office—looks over at you, attentively taking in every single one of your words.

"He told me he'd moved in a few months before I did the first time we talked. I'd say two and a half years ago, maybe. I was walking in the hallway with the last of my boxes, a few things fell out of one, he helped me, and we kind of just started up a conversation. He was really shy, but I thought it was—umm—eh hem, he's timid, but he's a really nice guy. He had gatherings at his place often, and the first week he asked me if I wanted to join. I did. His friends were there, like they always were."

"Friends?"

"Those two guys in the hall—they were there. I couldn't see them, but the voices in the hall when RM and Yoongi stood outside the dark room were there too. RM, I heard you say 'Baekhyunnie' and 'Junmyeon'. Those names I recognize. They're his friends' names. Baekhyun and Junmyeon. The ones in the hall I think were—"

"Sehun and Chanyeol." Jungkook finishes for you, shaking his head as he looks down at his hands. He can't believe what you were saying. It makes absolutely no sense to him. Why the hell would EXO's D.O. be living in an apartment building like that when it's well known that he owns several of the largest corporations in Busan and Seoul along with Jongin. The guy's loaded for Pete's sake and he's a member of EXO! Why would he be 'living' there? He must have mansions, condos, penthouses, all of the above. And why didn't you know that? Have you never bothered to look into him?

"Yeah. Sehun and Chanyeol." You exhale, slowly. This is more difficult than you anticipated. For some reason, having them all here, listening to you say everything you know about Kyungsoo feels weird. They all feel like lies, even though they're the truths he gave you. "In the hall, I swore I recognized them, but in reality I'd only seen them twice and my mind was in no condition to remember, so I didn't try to match their faces with an identity any longer. Now, I feel stupid for not recognizing them right away. Then again, how was I supposed to know the world was this small..? I barely recognized Kyungsoo's voice.. and that was only because I heard you call him 'D.O.' Chanyeol called him that once while they were drunk—that's the only reason."

"What other 'friends' would you see at these gatherings? I need names, Y/N." RM's stern tone snaps you back on track, his impatient eyes seem to stare right into your soul. Everyone else listening to you in the room seems to be trying to process everything. They too can't believe the world is so small. Like Jungkook, they're having a hard time making sense of it all.

"Uh, um—Jongdae, I believe. Jongin, Minseok, and the rest I already mentioned." You answer softly, thinking back to see if you missed a name. "Yeah. Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Jongdae, Jongin, Minseok—oh! and Yixing. He didn't show up much after a while, though. Those are all the names I was told, if I remember them correctly. Every time I went to Kyungsoo's, I got wasted out of my mind; I don't remember much when I get drunk."

"D.O. was just a friend?" Jimin raises his brow, looking straight at you and waiting for you to do the same. "Huh, Sunshine? Did anything happen when you got wasted? I doubt he'd go through the trouble of losing ammo and men to come get a girl he'd only drink with—"

"Do you know the reason he's after you, Y/N?" RM cuts Jimin off, placing his fist down on the table, immediately making you look up and over at him. "Do you?!" You open your mouth to answer, but no words come out, just a simple, pathetic sigh. This is too personal to tell, but you know when they told you to tell them everything, they meant everything.